Sign in to follow this  
gjm

Speeding and speed limits

This is becoming really stupid. You didn't hydroplane on a sharp bend when it 'suddenly started raining', it doesn't work like that. You went into the corner too fast for the conditions and lost control. A classic case of someone thinking they are bullet-proof. The tyre may be at fault, who knows, but the way you are talking up speeding I suspect not. Face it, you took a risk and got caught out. We all do something stupid and hopefully learn from our near miss - this is your opportunity to learn something. As for the breach of licence conditions, suck it up and sort it out before you get caught again.

Yes, I agree. I went by the road I usually go once or twice every week, I am not bullet proof, It started raining on the way, I entered the corner. and the rest is history. could have been a combnition of driver, condtions, car tyre/mechanical, could have benn anything, but doesn't matter at this stage. I called the cops reported it. Had a tow come and pick me up and thats the end of that. They asked me to come to court but they knew it probably wouldnt hold ground so they dropped it as soon as the holiday break ended. Whatever it was I am owning up to it, it was my car, I took the damage in the middle of nowhere, no body else was involved, no property damage was done other then 4 skid marks and resting over some vegetation at the side as it slid down the road. So only thing they are trying to charge me with is "Breaching Condtions of License" Not careless driving or anything like that. Just some stupid condtion due to a conversion to a full lisence that I wasn't aware of which states "I need a supervisor at all times". If that wasn't there, they couldnt charge me with anything. Anyway, I am getting it sorted, and if I am still charged it doesn't bother me, I will pay.

PS: see a well understood reply like yours deservs a equally understood response. but you can only give a silly reply to a silly 3 word responce like above, hence my "really stupid" reply earlier. However all that said, this doesn't warrent a guy to ride in on a high horse, quoting me selectively out of context, self righteous preeching down to "people like me" about what a bad driver I am because I admit having gone 5km/ph over the speed limit unintentionally or because unlike most people, I called his favorite queer party team from my local feternity doughnut club with lights and sirens had to be called up to report an incident out of my own will, and I am ......RACECAR!!. :rolleyes:-_-

Edited by MoJoJoe
  • Like 1

You're really not getting this are you?

• Like 1

post-51207-0-11050300-1389728925.jpg

No I dont think I am.

Look, If you are looking for an argument you wont get it here. Not with me anyway.

Edited by MoJoJoe

not driving to the conditions is rightly classified as careless driving. If you lost control on a familiar stretch of road, in a familiar car, odds are 10 to 1 you were not driving to the conditions. Sounds like you have gotten off lightly, both in the fact of the warning, and most poignantly, that there was not a family traveling around the corner at the same time as you.

I would suggest sitting the appropriate tests to have your condition removed, and then perhaps look in to a defensive driving course. Like the ad points out, you might be a capable driver, but other people are not.

• Like 2