Sign in to follow this  
gjm

Speeding and speed limits

Guys I think I found a loop in the hole of the law. So you wanting the Tui ad guys to ring your landline or mobile then........?? ;)

I think there's a small clearance out of it wiout buying $400 worth doughnuts. I'd buy popcorn especially for the waiting to see how it pans out, but I've gone off it lately for some reason..... :rolleyes:

send your blessings my way please :)So you wanna be blessed with a 18" or 24" Crescent then............?? :D

edit: blue, your picture looks ugly, thank your wife she married you. ;):PAwww that's rough. I thought that pic would appeal to you especially....?? Hmm, I'm unmarried - I've had a 'practice wife', so current 'she who thinks I'm her fantasy' is still on trial.............but no matter how that pans out, ya still can't have me - I keep telling you that ae... :rolleyes: :)

• Like 1

lol. I mean hole in the loop of the system. errr..you get my point. :D

If it works I'll explain it. It involves a Doctor, some ex lawyer, a poor mans bank account, a short sighted VTNZ employee and like $90 +gst to cover the fees unless I can find a fat computer wiz kid. :rolleyes:

Awww that's rough. I thought that pic would appeal to you especially....?? Hmm, I'm unmarried - I've had a 'practice wife', so current 'she who thinks I'm her fantasy' is still on trial.............but no matter how that pans out, ya still can't have me - I keep telling you that ae... :rolleyes: :)

You made it worse, now the picture looks like obomba. ^_^
too bad..looks like I'll have to finally drop interest in you and that fat asian prostitution rig slash business venture I was planning to kick start. :(

;)

Edited by MoJoJoe

... unless I can find a fat computer wiz kid.

Did I hear my name???

I dug something up... My accident happened around 3PM in the afternoon, According the the license conditions I am ONLY REQUIRED A SUPERVISOR BETWEEN 10PM at night and 5AM in the morning. http://www.nzta.govt.nz/resources/roadcode/about-licences/stage-2-restricted.html What are the conditions of a restricted licence?

• You must always have your restricted licence with you when you're driving.
  • You can drive on your own, but not between 10pm and 5am. If you drive between these times you must have a supervisor in the front passenger seat who holds a full New Zealand car licence with no supervisor condition, and has held it (or an equivalent overseas licence) for at least two years.
  • If you sat the restricted test in an automatic vehicle, your restricted licence will say that you can only drive automatic vehicles (unless accompanied by a supervisor).
  • You cannot normally carry passengers, unless you have a supervisor with you. The only passengers you can carry without a supervisor are:
    • your spouse, or the person you live with as if you were married or with whom you are joined in a civil union
    • children who live with you and are under the care of you or your spouse (that is, you or your spouse are their parent or guardian
    • your parent or guardian
    • relatives who live with you and who are on a social security benefit
    • someone you look after as their primary caregiver.
  • There is a zero alcohol limit if you are under 20. That means if you drive after consuming even one drink you can be charged with drink driving. If you have an alcohol level of less than 150 micrograms per litre of breath and less than 30 milligrams per 100 millilitres of blood you could be fined and given 50 demerit points. If your alcohol level is higher, you could be disqualified from driving, given 50 demerit points and either fined or imprisoned.

If you're 20 or older, the legal alcohol limit is 400 micrograms per litre of breath or 80 milligrams per 100 millilitres of blood.

• Breaching the restricted conditions of your driver licence could result in you receiving 35 demerit points and a fine of $100. If you breach any other conditions of your driver licence you could receive 25 demerit points and be subject to a fine of $400. See page 142 for more information on demerit points.

I dont!

Its a FULL NZ Drivers License, I can show you a picture of my license if you dont believe me,

I converted it and paid for it at the AA Store in New Lynn, Auckland (Big mall and Bus Stop). That was about a decade ago, I sit in the test and they kept my original international one and gave me a piece of paper and then sent this one in the mail. Then they sent another one a few years later.

however the Conditions seem to be exactly the same as restricted. It shouldn't be, BUT IT IS!

It says exactly what I read in this page and the paper from the doughnut house was talking about this.

So MAYBE, Just Maybe the system has me as a Restricted although its supposed to be a full? Says Full on the front of the license yet has conditions similar to a restricted on the back? I am gonna call them up tomorrow. Because the hologram says FULL. When I call them and If they say restricted then it should be easier since I wouldn't need a *supervisor* during day time.

Edited by MoJoJoe

:rolleyes: F#ck me silly twice, you smoking that gooood $hit @ the start of the week again Mojomoe.........???

As a wee hint, ya can't have it both ways dude (once again, "Welcome to New Zealand.......... ;) "), restricted licence conditions apply to restricted licence holders........you, apparently, as a wild unsubstantiated wild rumour, have a FULL CLass 1 NZ drivers licence, with a condition on it. Now, whilst I don't wanna rain on your smokey little parade, the sad 'give us a group hug' news for ya is conditions on a full licence apply 24/7. :rolleyes:;):) Bummer.

Thus, you need supervision while driving any time of the day or night @ the mo Mojo...............& that's on any day of the week ending in a 'y', just so theres no confusion.....I can see Allan's definitely gonna be wandering up the road before week ends ae........

You need supervision............I'm processing that little fact at the mo............ ;):)

In the meantime, until you find a NEW CAR & a supervisor or get licence fixed - try not to lick the inside of the bus windows ae......... :D;):)

Edited by Blue-540i

For example: lf you have a full motorcycle license AND a restricted car license on the SAME "card" then it will LOOK like a full license, this does NOT exempt you from understanding the conditions on the back of the license.

From everything you've told us you've never, ever had a full motor vehicle (car) license in New Zealand.

I'd love to be wrong but you're the one telling to story...

No no - he has a full licence, with conditions............ :D

I 2nd zat............... ;)

Edit - I've even got a condition on my full licence that applies 24/7, irrespective of what class vehicle I'm driving.........but at least I know about it........

So if I break that condition, I'll be not passing 'Go', not doing anything bar paying $400 too............ ;):) I 'think' theres 20 demerits too for the offence...........???

Edited by Blue-540i

I Paid for a Full New Zealand Drivers License Conversion, from an International License within 12 months. I went in, paid the fees, sat the test, got my license taken and a new one sent in the mail. Thats the end of that, nothing else was ever mentioned.

Even though I understand for some reasons due to the conditions, this as you say may not very well be. If its still restricted then the rules of a restricted license will apply

Restricted license rule of thumb

1. I don't need a supervisor unless between 10PM - 5PM

Full license rule of thumb

1. I don't need a supervisor AT ALL.

Either way the fine the cops gave me was that i was not supervised, well during day time (afternoon) I wouldn't need supervision even if its a restricted!

See the pictures attached. Read the hologram FULL DRIVER LICENSE.

What rubbish. I'm telling you f%$#*& stories! >:-(

post-51207-0-24133300-1389604001_thumb.j

post-51207-0-31430700-1389604012_thumb.j

post-51207-0-16203000-1389604007_thumb.j

you-cant-handle-the-truth-meme-generator

Edited by MoJoJoe

Good on ya.............

Yea, as I was saying, $400 for you, tsk tsk................. :rolleyes:;):)

Might wanna work on getting that condition removed ae.............. :)

You're right on general rule of thumb is on a full licence you don't need a supervisor unless its a condition of your licence........which in your case, it is.

Also means whatever you drive, or have been driving ever since you got that licence is not insured if you are driving it without a supervisor.

Edited by Blue-540i

Good on ya.............

Yea, as I was saying, $400 for you, tsk tsk................. :rolleyes:;):)

Might wanna work on getting that condition removed ae.............. :)

You're right on general rule of thumb is on a full licence you don't need a supervisor unless its a condition of your licence........which in your case, it is.

Also means whatever you drive, or have been driving ever since you got that licence is not insured if you are driving it without a supervisor.

Na, that don't make sense.

A Full License CAN NOT have Conditions as a Supervisor.

it can have like *Must be wearing glasses, *Must be using cripple equipment, this and that. You get the drift. but not a supervisor because then there's no difference between a Full and a restricted.

Only a Restricted License can have such restrictions or *conditions as a Supervisor. Therefore from the law of deduction if its got the Supervisor option then 9 times outta 10 its a...........wait for it............wait for it.......

Restricted.

And if its a Restricted then the rule of thumb is I do not need a Supervisor @ 3PM daylight.

But i am gonna call them up and see whats the fudge packers in land transport nz office doing, hope they dont force me to pull a rambo on the doughnut shop.

Hmm, ok, lets try this undiplomatically............cos I'm really confident you're wrong........again.......

I've seen it on other full licences................

All NZTA is saying is that hey, its a full licence, but you're too dumb to drive without a supervisor. Same as theres licences for people that are too dumb to drive a manual.........

In some ways, there're actually saying a restricted driver is safer between the hours of 5am & 10pm..........

We can go round & round forever on it, but its eating into your car buying time, & umm, you're still gonna end up paying $400 slides........ ;):)

In the meantime, just means ya gotta take your Mum with ya when you're out driving........ :rolleyes: or missus or boyfriend or whoever floats your boat, so long as they've got a FULL NZ LICENCE themselves.......

Edited by Blue-540i
  • Like 1

na, that don't make any sense. and how do they determine you are dumb? because you came to new zealand = you are dumb? yea man thats the logic. on the money. BS aside. I got almost all but 1 question wrong.

Then they wouldn't call it full , supervisor isn't a full condition. they wouldn't make you sit for a pay for a international to full nz license. If you are too dumb or whatever to drive between x o clock and x of clock without a supervisor then you are a restricted, they are saying the restricted driver is worse off at night between 5 am and 10 pm.

but either way, its either a full or a restricted. I don't care what it says anymore. I win both ways, if its restricted then I dont think the cops day time without supervisor can cut me easily. If its Full I will not have this removed. I'm like 99% sure now its a restricted. Wanna make a bet?? I'm gonna call them up tomorrow. :)

Edited by MoJoJoe

I'll take that bet.............a dozen Lion Red for you if you're right, hell I'd even go 2 doz, & umm, I drink Woodstock........coupla packs be great....... ;)

Rather than 'win both ways', could also 'lose both ways', although at the moment you've already 'won' a bit, as for the 83rd time your careless use charge is gone.........

You've got a full licence, with conditions - anyone that's not dragging round a guide-dog can see that, with the pics you loaded....... ;):rolleyes::)

I'll take that bet.............a dozen Lion Red for you if you're right, hell I'd even go 2 doz, & umm, I drink Woodstock........coupla packs be great....... ;)

Rather than 'win both ways', could also 'lose both ways', although at the moment you've already 'won' a bit, as for the 83rd time your careless use charge is gone.........

You've got a full licence, with conditions - anyone that's not dragging round a guide-dog can see that, with the pics you loaded....... ;):rolleyes::)

so even if I win more, can they put another careless charge on me, saying what IF. and its a big IF. I can manage to get him to drop the fine by? can he then put up the careless use charge up again? or give me demerits?

other then that, told ya i have dont drink anymore, have been sober for half a decade now. so it cant be the crap you southerners make with those rotten potatoes and wood stain... so its got be something else....

your on...........

I'll take my answer to YOUR thread ae.............rather than naff this one any further.........

Get ready to pay the 400 notes...no excuses. Your original licence was obviously not from a listed country and you were required to sit a practical test to have the supervisor condition removed, and you didn't. Read this from NZTA :

Practical test

You do not have to sit the practical test if:

• you have a licence from Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom or the United States of America, and
  • your licence is current (or has expired within the last 12 months), and
  • you have held that licence for more than two years.

You may need to provide proof of the issue date of your overseas licence.

You do have to sit the practical test if:

• you have a licence from a country not listed above, or
  • you have a licence from a country which is listed above but you have held that licence for less than two years, or
  • you have a licence from Hong Kong or South Korea and you are converting a heavy traffic licence.
What happens if I pass the theory test?

When you have passed the theory test requirements, you will be issued with a New Zealand driver licence.

If you have been issued with a New Zealand driver licence you will no longer be able to use your overseas driver licence for driving in New Zealand.

What is a supervisor condition?

If your New Zealand driver licence has been issued with any conditions, you must adhere to them. For example, if you are required to pass the practical test and have not yet done so, you will have a supervisor* condition. This means you must be accompanied by a supervisor at all times when you drive.

*A supervisor is a person who:

• holds a current full New Zealand driver licence for the class of vehicle
  • has held their full New Zealand driver licence (or an equivalent overseas driver licence) for at least two years, and
  • does not have a supervisor condition on their New Zealand licence.

If you are converting a motorcycle licence you do not need to have a supervisor. You will be issued with a learner motorcycle licence and will need to comply with the learner conditions until you pass your practical test and are issued with a full licence.

That means you:

• Like 1

neighbors son died last year from drunken driving + speeding in the city area, collided with another car while returning with his drunk friends from a uni graduation, the poor mother has cancer.

Brilliant..............................!!!!! That's the one.............. :D:)

Edit - continuation is here--------------------> http://bimmersport.co.nz/topic/47393-looking-to-buy-a-328i/

Get ready to pay the 400 notes...no excuses. Your original licence was obviously not from a listed country and you were required to sit a practical test to have the supervisor condition removed, and you didn't. Read this from NZTA :

Good find, I wasn't told about ANY practical tests. :mellow: They never mentioned it. They should have, or I should have found it. They have their crap excuses and I got mine. But thats not gonna take us anywhere.

I went in the doughnut shop this morning, they were confused too. Came back home and called Land Transport NZ. Doesn't matter, I'll have it removed and if I still have to pay the doughnut shop I will.

Edited by MoJoJoe
  • Like 1

Sorry to contribute to this but MoJoJo but I couldn’t stop laughing at the ‘poor me… I’m being victimised’ sob story…

… You're quite happy to admit to driving at 140kp/h on public roads and in the same thread tell us all that your driving skills are "nothing to write home about"... Your crash happened on a road you have stated that you drive regularly which tells me that you are familiar with the sequence of corners, roading conditions and speed limits (and by that I mean both the posted and physical limits) … I’m going to make an educated assumption here but my guess is that you assumed that you really know the road, you assumed that you’re a much better driver than you actually are and you assumed that there would be no surprises jumping out at you during the drive. Unless the cause of the crash was one of the tiny (and I really do mean tiny) percentage caused by mechanical failure you were at fault… End of story! Using the excuse that “suddenly” it started raining is just a big pile! Did you really not notice the big fluffy grey things in the sky? Your story is full of holes… It looks like a fishing net… I’m not surprised Mr Plod didn’t believe you.

While I’m at it… Do you really think that the Police are “ego trip criminals in uniforms… who walk around with a chip on their shoulder and have this "US vs THEM" mentality, just for wearing an unform that is given to them for upholding and enforcing the law.” Who “become arrogant twats who think they are some big shot making up the law as they go by” or is it because you just got caught?

Maybe the roads would be safer without people like you on them…

• Like 3

While I’m at it… Do you really think that the Police are “ego trip criminals in uniforms… who walk around with a chip on their shoulder and have this "US vs THEM" mentality, just for wearing an unform that is given to them for upholding and enforcing the law.” Who “become arrogant twats who think they are some big shot making up the law as they go by” or is it because you just got caught?

I never said that about the the Police. YOU Misquote me and took me out of context.

Look I live in a small town, the police here are very nice, I said that about many BIG CITY cops and that their attitude towards many. Yes, there are many criminals in uniforms these days who walk around with a chip on their shoulder. I have seen a few when I stayed in some big cities.

Your crash happened on a road you have stated that you drive regularly which tells me that you are familiar with the sequence of corners, roading conditions and speed limits (and by that I mean both the posted and physical limits) … I’m going to make an educated assumption here but my guess is that you assumed that you really know the road, you assumed that you’re a much better driver than you actually are and you assumed that there would be no surprises jumping out at you during the drive. Unless the cause of the crash was one of the tiny (and I really do mean tiny) percentage caused by mechanical failure you were at fault… End of story! Using the excuse that “suddenly” it started raining is just a big pile! Did you really not notice the big fluffy grey things in the sky? Your story is full of holes… It looks like a fishing net… I’m not surprised Mr Plod didn’t believe you.

Yes, What else does that tell you? If I know the road, the conditions and all that. There might have been something else at play. Accidents are not always caused by The Driver, Human Error, and not always due to Conditions either, so this is not something that can be 100% avoided, it can also be due to Mechanical faults, fault of another party or an act of god! (as some insurgence policies do say ;)) Most dont expect having to maneuver away and having your car mechanically fail to react.

My car simply hydroplaned on a tight complex bend on a rural road, locked while I tried to counter maneuver and slid down the side into a ditch. There was no one else involved nor was there any property damage but my own. However before towing it back home I decided to call the local police and report it first, I called the police, waited an hour in the rain among many witnesses who were present till their arrival. I reported it out of my own good will. If I had bad intentions I could have just called the tow and went home as many here would have done in my situation(with no offense to anybody, I probably should have done the same) as the only property damage was my own without needing to report it. Dont assume so much, Assumptions can go both ways and usually not the best thing to do. You weren't there, you are nobody to assume to say who was at fault. Mine is not the first case around that part. I hear there has been quite a few, football moms included.

your driving skills are "nothing to write home about"...

Are your driving skills on par with Michael Schumacher or any Rally or F1 Driver?

If not, is that anything to write home about? I understand you are a race series competitor and certainly better then me and most average drivers here. Lets say I also like to swim, surf, lift weights and his and that other activities like almost all other people. But I am no professional. I am just a regular guy, and you see I also drive, I am a good driver but I am no a professional driver by any means. So "not worth writing home about"

… You're quite happy to admit to driving at 140kp/h on public roads and in the same thread tell us all that

You are just misquoting me friend.

"I admit when I am by myself in open roads or highway lanes with other cars far apart, I do find myself speeding over the limit, maybe I do 120 on a 100 limit highway, sometimes 140 for a brief while, or maybe 55 on a 50 zone. But usually i back down on the gas when I see my speed and avoid doing anything like that near populated areas and in the city. "

^ Got that?

Only in open rural roads or highway when the opportunity arises, but I am not one of those ass hats who change lanes every 5 seconds. I have never had a speeding ticket in my entire life(and I have been driving in NZ roads for a decade now.)

Sorry to contribute to this but MoJoJo but I couldn’t stop laughing at the ‘poor me… I’m being victimised’ sob story…

Maybe the roads would be safer without people like you on them…

Get off your high horse would you? There are worse people then me out there, MUCH worse. Everybody speeds either intentionally or unintentionally for a brief while, many go over the limit, you have done that too at some stage of your life, not all cars and drivers are made equal. which is what this thread was about, not 1 size fits all thing. maybe roads would be safer without anybody on them.

I am not telling you any sob stories. At least I am honest and can admit what I do. I never go over the speed limit on most public roads, maybe I have found myself doing 55 on a 50 zone by accident, Thats it, as soon as I notice it. I dont gain anything lying in the internet , nor do I lose anything by telling the truth.

Sorry to contribute to this but MoJoJo

MoJoJoe :D

Edited by MoJoJoe
  • Like 1

You're not wrong.

There are far worse. If I have a hair on my eye, there are those who drive with logs on theirs. might as well take them out before "people like me" :unsure:

You are both wrong, only I am right. :rolleyes: Because...you know RACECAR!! :D

But that wont take us anywhere, you have your take, I have mine. Lets rather agree, to disagree. :)

Edited by MoJoJoe

There are far worse. If I have a hair on my eye, there are those who drive with logs on theirs. might as well take them out before "people like me" :unsure:

You are both wrong, only I am right. :rolleyes: Because...you know RACECAR!! :D

But that wont take us anywhere, you have your take, I have mine. Lets rather agree, to disagree. :)

This is becoming really stupid. You didn't hydroplane on a sharp bend when it 'suddenly started raining', it doesn't work like that. You went into the corner too fast for the conditions and lost control. A classic case of someone thinking they are bullet-proof. The tyre may be at fault, who knows, but the way you are talking up speeding I suspect not. Face it, you took a risk and got caught out. We all do something stupid and hopefully learn from our near miss - this is your opportunity to learn something. As for the breach of licence conditions, suck it up and sort it out before you get caught again.

• Like 1