Sign in to follow this  
740i_Lou

Lend me a torque wrench :) Hamiton

Wanting to do my waterpump and rocker gaskets this week and in need of a torque wrench.

Does anyone happen to have one in or around Hamilton that I would be able to loan for a couple of days.

Happy to pickup/drop off and pay in the form of alcoholic beverages.

I didn't bother with mine, just did it by feel

Im surprised you'd even bother tbh but Ive got a small one that would be suitable(does upto 25nm iirc). PM me if you really want it.

get this.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=680881068

they are old but better then the new ones. they last a lifetime and require little to no maintenance or calibration, you can drop them as you like, and 9 times out of 10, they'll work as usual. good for basic jobs and you can do bigger projects with too if you feel confident, and you can calibrate the newer ones with these as well. just make sure there's enough room and shed some light if you are ever working underneath. great for beginners. :)

get this.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=680881068

they are old but better then the new ones. they last a lifetime and require little to no maintenance or calibration, you can drop them as you like, and 9 times out of 10, they'll work as usual. good for basic jobs and you can do bigger projects with too if you feel confident, and you can calibrate the newer ones with these as well. just make sure there's enough room and shed some light if you are ever working underneath. great for beginners. :)

Well yes, I agree, they are durable..................would I use one though on anything I wanted some accuracy on - umm, no. Get something half decent to use, or just run with the usual 'tighten till it starts to strip, then back it off 1/8th of a turn'.......... ;):)

This thing here is about as handy as a 2nd mother-in-law IMO - great for hurling at the neighbour's cat, or use it to crush your pi$$ cans when ya finish the job, but hey, that's bout it really.......... :rolleyes:;):)

I'll be in Anglesea Street tomorrow and Friday, and can bring a torque wrench down with me. You're welcome to borrow it and return after the weekend.