Sign in to follow this  
BreakMyWindow

Fabric Spray paint in nz

Anyone know where I could get some cans of fabric spray paint in NZ? I'm wanting to give the sun faded alcantara parcel tray in my car some light mist coats to bring the colour back. thanks!

Got some stuff from Supersheep about two weeks ago that did the job perfectly- Dupli-Color Vinyl & Fabric, $15 per can, I used half doing my parcel shelf.

Did it harden the fabric on the shelf? I used some ages ago on my old 540i and it hardened the fabric.

i used it on carpet and stayed fairly smooth. just pays to do more layers than one really thick coat

Sent from my GT-I8160L using Tapatalk 2

And go over the fabric with a stiff brush after each layer.

I'd probably look for a dye rather than a spray so that the fabric absorbs it rather than it sitting on the surface.

might be a bit of trial and error that i'm not willing to do on the rear deck, so I'll probably buy a small piece of alacantara and try some light mist coats, as well as dying to see what is best.

Vht vinyl paint from repco or any auto paint store. Worked for my parcel tray and it doesn't affect the fabric at all.

I'd probably look for a dye rather than a spray so that the fabric absorbs it rather than it sitting on the surface.

This ^^ I did this on one my older cars using some black fabric dye, put it with a small amount of water in a squeezy bottle sprayer thing ;) and sprayed it on all of the fabric trim and seats, came up really well and never came off or marked clothes etc.