Sign in to follow this  
Eagle

E39 Nav Unit

Any idea what this is?, no external numbers on outside . Doesn't look like of the usual MkI-IV ive ever seen but im no expert. Will rip it out tomorrow and inspect it further anyway

Car is 9\99 build Japan 540i

post-733-0-50092900-1389953284_thumb.jpg

Japan system. Whip it out and burn it - might save you some gas without the weight :D

Good idea. So its a jap specific MKIV?.

i pulled minenout and tucked tue wiring behingbthe cd stacker. can always reinstall it later. biggest difference is i can now fit decent sized items in the boot. amd as a side note the light mounted in the unit unclips amd.clips into a hole for it under the unit so you retain light

Sent from my GT-I8160L using Tapatalk 2

Good idea. So its a jap specific MKIV?.

Jap specific. These units not known as Mk...

Bin it & replace with Euro spec - you know you want to...

Removed one of those from my car today funnily enough. As Jason said, tuck the wires in the CD changer compartment, install NavFree on your phone and forget it ever existed.

Removed mine from my car the other week too. My screen was annoying me as it constantly had this little navigation and compass symbol taking up 1/4 of the screen from the left hand side whereas others I'd seen didn't have that. After scrolling forums and settings I couldn't get rid of it so lived with it. Took out the nav unit and suddenly had a full screen radio & obc! YAY :D

Great design how the boot light clips right back into the bodywork underneath the nav unit where the light would be for cars without the nav option.

Sorry mate a bit off topic, but thought I'd compliment your car, seen you cruising through West Auckland in the weekend, what a fantastic looking car!!

Getting cheaper to replace. Often see the Mk4 on ebay uk for under $400 NZ