Sign in to follow this  
paulo

Any BMW workshops in CHCH that can code an ABS controller?

Hi there,

I have a new (blank) ABs / DSC controller for my 2000 e38 740i, and it needs to be coded to the vehicle. Also probably need the steering angle sensor re-calibrated. I have a mate that had the same job done on his e39 through the BMW dealer, and it was around $250 - $300 to code. Seems a little on the high side given that the dealer in Dunedin can apparently do it for around half that figure, and it doesnt take too long to do.

Just wondering if there are any indie shops (or keen DIY'ers!) in ChCh that have the proper gear / software (GT1 / SSS / Progman, or whatever it is) to be able to do this for a reasonable price.

Any advice greatly appreciated!
Thanks

Paul

Bound to someone from here in Dunedin with the tools to do this for a fair price.

Hi there,

I have a new (blank) ABs / DSC controller for my 2000 e38 740i, and it needs to be coded to the vehicle. Also probably need the steering angle sensor re-calibrated. I have a mate that had the same job done on his e39 through the BMW dealer, and it was around $250 - $300 to code. Seems a little on the high side given that the dealer in Dunedin can apparently do it for around half that figure, and it doesnt take too long to do.

Just wondering if there are any indie shops (or keen DIY'ers!) in ChCh that have the proper gear / software (GT1 / SSS / Progman, or whatever it is) to be able to do this for a reasonable price.

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Paul

$250 - $300 to programme a blank ABS unit to an E39 - what an absolute rip off!!!!!

I got the dealers (CJ in Hamilton) to programme mine - $20 & 5 mins max on GT1