Sign in to follow this  
MD13

Not a BMW - but what a bargain...

Landcruiser's hold their value like nothing else mate.............. ;):)

(I think you'll find its a ad for Falsgrave 4WD Spares Chch........been up for ages for getting around auction fees probably.......)

Edit - since looked at the pics, & yip, Falsgrave...........

Edited by Blue-540i

It's a bit of an odd one - the 6.5 V8 was more commonly a diesel, built for solidity, reliability and (believe it or not) economy. Certainly no great shakes in power or even torque, but some did better than others - the early 6.2s made as little as 145hp, while 6.5 TurboDiesel V8s made up to 315hp and 530lb ft.

I wonder if this really is a 6.5 petrol... Could easily be. 6.6 is about 400ci, and there were 390ci and 396ci V8s around. They tended to be a little more exciting, though.

It's a bit of an odd one - the 6.5 V8 was more commonly a diesel, built for solidity, reliability and (believe it or not) economy. Certainly no great shakes in power or even torque, but some did better than others - the early 6.2s made as little as 145hp, while 6.5 TurboDiesel V8s made up to 315hp and 530lb ft.

I wonder if this really is a 6.5 petrol... Could easily be. 6.6 is about 400ci, and there were 390ci and 396ci V8s around. They tended to be a little more exciting, though.

a bit like the BMW M70 then, M60 too, if you look at the HP figure alone, they do look pretty pathetic, but heaps of torque, eg a V8 that makes 145hp will have a lot more torque than a I4 that also does 145hp

end of the day its torque that gets you moving
Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

I think you'll find its a bit of a pi$$-take hp wise - once upon a time I used to compete in same events as these guys, the truck they were using then wasn't short of hp - was a Vitara bodied prado chassis, running a Lexus auto........on 36 inch tyres..............was quite impressive...... ;):)

Gotta agree Graham - those GM diesels were / are lazy............ :rolleyes: and rather noisy, especially when cold....!!

Let`s face it..Torque`s cheap.

Not always, torque tends to break stuff, thus is uncheap............unlike horsepower, which just turns tyres into smoke......... ;)

Been on there a month of Sundays. Kinda car you'd love to pickup your mother in law in.

Agree.......^^^^, whereas a Landrover is something you'd want to send her away in, in the hope you'd never see either again............. ;):)