Sign in to follow this  
E30stz

Facelift parts

Hi guys,

After having a slight incident the other day its probably going to be cheaper to just buy a new panel and sand it down and paint it rather than going with beating it ... and repainting. As well as grabbing a few other parts to fix replaceable things.

If I was to get a parts car what parts are people interested in?

I also have a set of Jamex 35 - 40mm lowering springs and a mtech spoiler which i might sell as well as I will probably be best to free up some money and I wont be able to afford bilsteins for a while.

Cheers

Andy

Edited by E30stz

what side panel? heaps of ppl should have one

a parts car really worth it? keep in mind the hassle of storage of car and parts and general mechanical ability

holla

nothing confirmed as of yet, I love the whole $630+GST for a 2nd hand bumper from SD European ... that was pretty hilarious.

You can have my bumper :)

You can be like those hoary black hondas with white kits... :puke:

hey how low would the car bw with jamex in? mine is 100mm off ground now and i want a harder spring as mine are only compressed..how much you after?

Cant comment havent been in my car - they were said to be 35-40mm when I bought them. I got them in early august and they were said to be 6 months old then.

hey how low would the car bw with jamex in? mine is 100mm off ground now and i want a harder spring as mine are only compressed..how much you after?

isn't 100mm the lowest you can go? how much did yours get compressed?

100mm is as low as you can go without cert. If the jamexs are 35-40mm lower than stock your car will be about 140mm off the ground at the jacking points. Basing this on a 50-55mm drop of mine putting me around 110-115mm off the ground and that is plenty low enough IMO unless you want real difficulties getting in and out of driveways. I already scrape judder bars and some drives without going lower.

Parts? Soz Andy broke as a bitch at the moment and the only bits I really want (fogs) I know you want yourself.

Give me a yell if you need a hand pulling a car to bits or sanding or whatever your one - I did all the prep work on my bumper and I know how tedious it can be.

I have a fornt valance with some minor damage I could prob hook you up with for a few beers or something - might be cheaper to fix than yours and already the right coulour apart from the damaged.area. But no bumper. i paid $180 for my new front valance and I think that was a tiny bit on the steep side, but not unreasonable.

Guest Andrew

so where exactly is the damage - i could grab parts from william for you as i go past paeroa heaps.

pics?

Valance is fine - its just the plastic mould thats a biarch, has shattered and cracked around about 1 5th of it .. someone said plastic . I've got spare indicators etc.

I may need help dismantling the biarch if I am to get it, so would anyone be able to help. Am not gonna need all teh parts so may be able to pay in parts / beer form.

Edited by E30stz

Guest Andrew

Valance is fine - its just the plastic mould thats a biarch, has shattered and cracked around about 1 5th of it .. someone said plastic . I've got spare indicators etc.

I may need help dismantling the biarch if I am to get it, so would anyone be able to help. Am not gonna need all teh parts so may be able to pay in parts / beer form.

I'm in it for beer after exams hah

I'm in it for beer

yeah same.

so where exactly is the damage - i could grab parts from william for you as i go past paeroa heaps.

pics?

Andrew, need your opinion as to the condition of it. Seems to have sagged in the top middle.. red arrow. Rest of it seems ok apart from the gunge green colour.

You coming past this afternoon?

its okay thanks William, really dont want a colour coded one and have a few options before I get desparate. Thanks anyway. Carl might be interested.

Edited by E30stz

its okay thanks William, really dont want a colour coded one and have a few options before I get desparate. Thanks anyway. Carl might be interested.

Confusion rules.... :wacko:

sorry Andy, the comment was actually for Carl, he PM'd me about it so was replying to his PM in the forum, as I can't figure if I can post a pic in a PM reply.. (stoopid old fart!)

but beer rules anyway !!!! :beer:

Can I get an idea of who if anyone would be interested in the following

- mtech 1 rear spoiler

- facelift foglights

- 2 door sports cloth seats - drivers with rips - rest mint.

- rear taillights

- front and side indicators

- trunk and boot emblems

- wheels with good tyres (could suit track as will come with spare set of mags)

- rear bumper

- 'genuine' front motorsport badge

- lowering springs and shocks *unknown brand - havent seen yet

- glovebox and latch

- front valance in good condition without bumperstrip

- full BMW E30 tool kit

- BMW Jack

engine is be rooted is a 316, not worth parting out.

I have an idea of some of the price I want, i will try make them as realistic as possible as i need to make the money back from the car. Will know by mid next week whether the car is mine or not.. still have a bit to sort out. But pays to confirm interest before hand.

Cheers

Andy

Edited by E30stz

I am interested in the facelift foglights thanks Andy. In particular the drivers side one only if possible. :) Ta

would like to keep them together, will see if there all in good condition. Feel free to state how much you wanna pay for it. Just need an idea of how much I might b able to return from buying this. I know its going to be a loss but Iwould like to reduce the gap as much as poss.

Edited by E30stz

- - BUMP - -

car is looking promising - just went and saw it today. Will have an answer by the end of next week to whether I'm buying it. If anyones keen on the above parts or just anything miscellaneous .. please post up.

Oh yeah and its in sexy Dolphin Grey :)

Cheers guys,

Andy

no pics at the moment sorry The spoiler is colourcoded in Dolphin grey but may require respray I'm not sure I wasnt paying too much attention. Looks much like your paintjob. Will try and find a picture.. looks rad.

Edited by E30stz