Sign in to follow this  
Arron

S50B32 conversion

Hi all

We currently have a e36 S50B32 engine and box on its way down from Auckland to put into our 96 323 race car, all going to play we are picking it up on Sunday afternoon from mainfreight.

But...... We have a massive challenge on our hands, we are hoping to have it in and running for Friday night next week because it is the last night of the season. Our plan is to put it in another bmw in we have around at home first so if we do not get it running we can still race. So we are asking for some advice

For those of you who have done one of these conversions before have you had any unexpected issues, things that have not bolted straight up or things that need changing.

We are aware that the exhausts are different and that we will have to change all the wiring over but are just trying to pre plan how we go about putting this in in a way we can achieve our goal

Cheers Arron

hey the only modifications that i had to do was some ruff custom piping for the 3 heater lines that connect to the firewall for the heater being a race car u might not need this.

the other was the coolant tank had to be mounted using scrap metal to the fuse box.

also disconnect the steering uni joint as when i did mine i bent it trying to put motor in.

Thats all i can think of pm if you have any other questions,

good luck.

also disconnect the steering uni joint as when i did mine i bent it trying to put motor in.

lol i discovered that pulling a lowly M42 out!