Sign in to follow this  
Guest 535E28

E28 535i

wow that looks in fantastic condition.Welcome.Always nice to see another five series....

Guest 535E28

Cheers , yep, it's pretty tidy all round .. had the seats re coloured late last year as they were fading a little .. the wheels are still metric rims and tyres, which probably won't pass the next warrant ... any suggestions where you can find the Michelin TRX's at a reasonable price, or what rims and tyres to put on as a complete replacement. I am guessing that most E34 rims will fit?

any suggestions where you can find the Michelin TRX's at a reasonable price

PM bmwsparkle.. she had a set of metric rims with good tyres for sale a short while ago.

Ah, another Wellingtonian. I've seen you around the hood as well (the number plate is a dead giveaway). Welcome, and come along for a coupla quiet drinks with a few of the others. I think there's a thread somewhere about it.

If you want a free set of rims and tyres come see me.... Iv got some bottlecaps on a parts car which you can just swap over for yours if you want... as Im aware the tyres have decent tread... Im not using them, but the metrics are prob worth more than the bottlecaps anyway ahaha

Guest 535E28

Cheers ... i'd like to keep the metric set in storage just in case ... just not sure what to put on instead to keep it looking fairly sharp but not too 'pimped' ^_^

bmwsparkle = she???? wtf!

anyway, yuh i have some metrics for sale, two mint, two just warrantlable, but they may be sold.

If your looking for a nice replacement that will suit the car i have some 15" basketweaves that I have had on mine for a while, brand new toyo tyres and the rims are 100% mint

ring me on 0274242086

nice car by the way, mine was just as mint except i crashed it last nite..

i have a set of mint 15" basket weaves with minimal tyre tread , you could put your own tyres on of your choice $300 the set of 4

Guest 535E28

cheers.. I am just looking at a set of web pattern 16inch on TM. the current metric rims are equivalent to 16inch and i'd prefer to stick with that size

Guest 535E28

Right... metric rims and trx's off ... new rims and tyres on ... much better all round!

post-9-1131000222.jpg

Looks much better, those metrics date the car imo. Ive seen your car around too, number plate caught my attention.

Now all you need to do is drop in a manual box ;)

Guest 535E28

A manual box would be nice ... ^_^ .. the auto transmission had an overhaul 10,000k before I got it, so the current box has a lot of kms left in it. Just clocked up 222,222 kms today.

yeah very nice choice on the wheels. how much they set u back?

seen you driving around too.

I was gonna get e28535 haha but I reckoned non-bimmer knowalls would jus see 1 letter and 5 numbers.

Guest 535E28

yeah very nice choice on the wheels. how much they set u back?

seen you driving around too.

I was gonna get e28535 haha but I reckoned non-bimmer knowalls would jus see 1 letter and 5 numbers.

16 inch rims were from a 96 540i .. off of trade me.. $350 including freight for the set, and they are mint. 225/50/16 Hankook K102's .. full set from mag and turbo for $560 incl fitting and balancing and wheel alignment!. Had to get the hubcentric rings ($80) fitted to make it work on the E28.. so $990.00 all up, which I thought is pretty good as opposed to having to get new TRX's for a ridiculous sum of money.

I would fully recommend the guys at mag and turbo in Adelaide Rd. They gave me a great deal and were more than helpful. So far i've been pretty impressed with the Hankook's ... wasn't sure what to expect, but they are much quieter than the old Michelins, and very grippy... hasn't rained yet though ^_^

Next phase will probably be to stiffen the suspension and reduce a bit of the body roll

If you get E28535 I might end up with your tickets and court notices :lol: