Sign in to follow this  
Michael.

M62B44TU Potential...

anything less than 80kW /litre is underachieving for a hot engine.

Fair call Ron. I tend to agree.

My 1UZ is a good example of such under achievement, 49kw per litre is far behind by today's standards.

By comparison the M62, should ideally put out 350hp/260kw with the right improvements. Giving 60kw per litre, not as hot as a S50B32's 75kw per litre mind you.

Though the trade off is a satisfying V8 sound over outright high revving performance. Then there's the torque difference to consider too.

Hypothetical costs with a basic B8 replica derived from a stock M3. I suspect this would be about right if there were no errors.

Cost.png

• Like 1

You could always dry sump it! :)

• Like 1

Fair call Ron. I tend to agree.

My 1UZ is a good example of such under achievement, 49kw per litre is far behind by today's standards.

By comparison the M62, should ideally put out 350hp/260kw with the right improvements. Giving 60kw per litre, not as hot as a S50B32's 75kw per litre mind you.

Though the trade off is a satisfying V8 sound over outright high revving performance. Then there's the torque difference to consider too.

Compare apples with apples Mike. Roo's E34 is a pretty much direct comparison year on year for your engine, there's a 4kw difference, which could have been manufacturers tolerance when new.

You can get good power out of either motor, 80kw is pretty optimistic for a reworked, road going motor especially without FI of some sort. Josh's S50B32 is only 64kw.

• Like 1

yea i agree unless you throw big cams , or big compression , or big stroke or bore it bigger i dont think you will get to 350hp etc

better to just super charge it :) then they make 400hp etc easy and probably cheaper to do it