Sign in to follow this  
jjs

Tamiya Mini-F1 cars - collectable?

My old lady sold her house and I had to go and sift through the collection of things left over from my childhood and decide what is going to the tip!

As a late 80's/early 90's child obsessed with cars I had the awesome Aurora AFX slot car set (with the Ghost Racer!) and also had quite the Tamiya Mini F1 set. These were 1/20 scale plastic cars with small motors powered by a pair of AA batteries, naturally there were lots of add ons etc you could use to modify your vehicle.

There used to be quite the scene in Wellington for these Mini F1 cars and Model Crafts and Hobbies in Victoria Street used to hold evenings once a week where you would meet and race on their large tracks.

Is anyone on here interested in these? Do you think its worthwhile holding onto my cars and bits and bobs for a while?

I did a check on ebay, and some sellers seem to be asking quite big money for the early 90's vehicles like mine (albeit new boxed items).

Matter of time for this kind of thing. Have model railway stuff from the 60's and 70's from childhood and found some of it commands silly money by collectors.

store it for another 20 years and make sure you keep the boxes