Sign in to follow this  
rowans17

My old e46 :(

Good description of it. Maybe they realised it wasn't so practical for two car seats in the rear

He's obviously going for a quick sale.... priced well below what he bought it for.... either that or somethings gone horribly wrong.

Ahh gutted its not in Auckland. Would want to run a scan..

Full service History?? Looks clean.. I feel the need to add to my Schnitzel collection

Ahh gutted its not in Auckland. Would want to run a scan..

Full service History?? Looks clean.. I feel the need to add to my Schnitzel collection

Don't get me wrong its a great car, full service history from import. All the Schnitzer bits and pieces, full bilstein suspension. Starting to show its age now and kms are getting high... had 180 on it 6 months ago!

Very tempted to go for a test drive.....

Looks sweet. Hmm... A few days to think about it.

Anybody in that area want to take it for a test drive and report back :D

What rims are on it Rowan? And interesting rear end going on there haha.

What rims are on it Rowan? And interesting rear end going on there haha.

They are a schnitzer rim, been too long to remember the style #. But you do see them around occasionally. The front lip, spoiler and skirts are schnitzer but the rear is some other, seems to have been swapped at some point to suit the dual exhaust.

Here is my trademe ad from 6 months ago provides a bit more info. http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=644711610

What are you doing looking at a 28ci anyway is one e46 coupe not enough? :P

Have a tonne more photos, cleans up so nicely.

seAMa4Jl.jpg

e0kA6NAl.jpg

x9TemTkl.jpg

fsfWIyHl.jpg

If you are serious and do want me to test drive i guess i could take one for the team....... :)

If you are serious and do want me to test drive i guess i could take one for the team....... :)

Thanks for those.. The question remains is why so cheap.. Then potential costs ontop of purchase price..

Any other E46 I would have turned a blind eye.. But It's the sister to my own and in my favourite colour (close enough anyway).. I will forgive the interior colour. My engine has done a fair few more Ks than this one, and purrs perfectly..

Being from Auckland makes it a hard case or I would have taken for a blast just to see.

Wonder what reserve is!

Thanks for those.. The question remains is why so cheap.. Then potential costs ontop of purchase price..

Any other E46 I would have turned a blind eye.. But It's the sister to my own and in my favourite colour (close enough anyway).. I will forgive the interior colour. My engine has done a fair few more Ks than this one, and purrs perfectly..

Being from Auckland makes it a hard case or I would have taken for a blast just to see.

Wonder what reserve is!

Yeah apparently not as unique as i had thought....

The engine in these are bulletproof if well maintained. I had had a bit of work done to the gbox so that was in good nick. Only had small niggly issues like the sunroof not working 100% and the seals around the windows perishing.

New owner has done about 12000kms in 6 months so it cant have caused him too many issues. the fact he's put "WYSIWIG (What you see is what you get) " on the auction rings alarm bells however.

Yeah apparently not as unique as i had thought.... 

The engine in these are bulletproof if well maintained. I had had a bit of work done to the gbox so that was in good nick. Only had small niggly issues like the sunroof not working 100% and the seals around the windows perishing. 

New owner has done about 12000kms in 6 months so it cant have caused him too many issues. the fact he's put "WYSIWIG (What you see is what you get) " on the auction rings alarm bells however.

Still Unique, they may be sisters from the same country, but a few differences.. My interior is all ACS (Dash, trim, pedals, mats, badges, steering wheel) Upgraded tech (Pdc, xenon, canbus etc) and then different rear end, different exhausts, and of course different engine... So probably the only one of its kind around Nz, just like mine (hopefully haha)

'tis pretty.

A-L - I think it might just suit you more than me! ;)

• Like 1

Only thing it needs is a manual trans

Have contacted the guy for some more info... Will see what he says once he manages to get back to me.

Edit. Car is apparently currently driven, no issues, or no 'real' problems. Thinking of pulling sale as wants to go skiing this winter and take that, had Online diagnostics?? (Via gps??)

Tires Nitrogen filled..

Apparently for sale as he wasn't walking enough.. Alrighty.

Mmm, anybody seen it so far?

Edited by Miss Bm

Rowan - was interior in Good Nick when you had it? Can't tell a lot from crap pictures

Rowan - was interior in Good Nick when you had it? Can't tell a lot from crap pictures

Yeah his pictures are awful :( but i think he is trying to show the bits of damage to the interior. Being tan - it marks quite easily so there was a few marks on the headliner the seats were faded. the carpet had a few stains. One of his pictures he shows how the dash pocket is missing its tan paint and is peeling. Arm Rests had wear marks. Really nothing that out of the ordinary for a 15 y/o car...

Heres a few more interior pics. note they are 6 mnths old.

IVqZrLtl.jpg

EtLeUvWl.jpg

yEBGTuwl.jpg

rboRKkkl.jpg

Yp6wPggl.jpg

0HoWse6l.jpg

xc40DFyl.jpg

Whats the story with the dual exhaust setup? Twin back boxes or is the second exit a parallel pipe off the muffler? :)

Whats the story with the dual exhaust setup? Twin back boxes or is the second exit a parallel pipe off the muffler? :)

Yup its a parallel pipe.

Yup its a parallel pipe.

Ahhhhhh. Did wonder how they managed to squeeze another box in there without sacrificing the spare wheel. Did it make any appreciable difference to the sound compared to a single remus muffler?

Ahhhhhh. Did wonder how they managed to squeeze another box in there without sacrificing the spare wheel. Did it make any appreciable difference to the sound compared to a single remus muffler?

Realistically, probably not. Felt it was more of an aesthetic thing, but the exhaust had a good sound, nice idle rumble, minimal drone at motorway speeds and sounded great when you put your foot down. Did lots of long open road trips in it so never felt compelled to look at anything louder.

It's been pulled... Miss Bm - did you sweet talk the seller?

Edited by gjm

I offered and he accepted but then told me he no longer wanted to sell.. So close, but so far :(

Sad, indeed. :(

Still, Schnitzel will doubtless appreciate your undivided attention.

• Like 1

I offered and he accepted but then told me he no longer wanted to sell.. So close, but so far :(

No longer for sale..? or sold...? This whole situation seems very weird to me.....