Sign in to follow this  
nz320i

New head

hey got a 2L M20 and want to put another head with lower k's on it with port and polished, dont want a 2.5 for petrol as im too cheap and happy with the 2L is it expensive to do and can you do most of the work at home? maybe get a cam as well..so harder valve springs?? what are some good options and costs does anyone know? cheers- next years project :P

Edited by nz320i

Don't know why, but when the mexhanic I use put a different year head on a 320, it wouldn't run properly, kept missing. After lots of head scratching and consultation with other Bimmer mechanics, he changed it for the same year head and away it went. Something to watch out for.

not worth doin it to a 2ltr bro, and by the time u do those mods it'll be uneconomical as anyway.... u'll end up spendin prolly 5g+ as well, and a 325 will still kick ur arse. put a m50 in

sweet as, i just want to get it a little quicker, what mods can i do apart from induction? and exaust i mean like ive been told a new coil is good with soem new leads and good spark plugs??

do some headers, no matter what people tell you, bmw standard exhaust manifolds suck. And that way u can swap over if you put a 2.5 or 2.7 in (pretty sure they'd fit)

Guest Andrew

but i dont think it will work with the motronic engine. but then again there is no reason why it wouldnt.

it does

The most life-changing thing you can do with an M20B20 is stick a manual gearbox on it, which you've done. Keep the engine well maintained, and it will serve you well. I wouldn't replace anything unless the old bits were rooted..

Money is better spent on a M20B25 or M50... M50B25 would be fairly good on the petroleum wouldn't it, compared to the M20B25?

The most life-changing thing you can do with an M20B20 is stick a manual gearbox on it, which you've done. Keep the engine well maintained, and it will serve you well. I wouldn't replace anything unless the old bits were rooted..

Money is better spent on a M20B25 or M50... M50B25 would be fairly good on the petroleum wouldn't it, compared to the M20B25?

Then again you could be even more sensible and buy a toyota.

Then again you could be even more sensible and buy a toyota.

so true, ae86!!!! i just watched the funniest car dvd, Hot Version, its mostly sub titles as its japanese but pretty cool aye.

I think ill give my engine a bit of tlc and see how it runs the tappets are a littl bit noisy and i have a funny idle.

Don't worry about the funny idle, If done right you can pull off the just "lumpy cams' thats why the idle's sh*t" :P Temp sensor out?

Stick in a 325 throttle body first and see how you like that, it's a good cheap mod and will yield decent results

Never heard of the 325i throttle body Mod - what sort of results from this are to be expected? Would be interested to find out - Cheers

Don't worry about the funny idle, If done right you can pull off the just "lumpy cams' thats why the idle's sh*t" :P Temp sensor out?

i think i could alsmost pull off its got a 12a bridg port rotor when its cold and a lumpy cam when warmish LOL

umm temp sensor??? why would this matter? as it could be, is that the thing in the coolant resivour as i think it is a bit iffy

Stick in a 325 throttle body first and see how you like that, it's a good cheap mod and will yield decent results

ok might consider that, as it will be next year so ill put some cash aside for a few things for the engine, it needs a bit of work i think im not really sure though, when i took it to a bmw guy last time he put hs computer on it and said it was fine???