Sign in to follow this  
alaza

e36 328i tow bar

hey guys

ive got a 1995 e36 328i manual motorsport coupe, and was wondering if i can fit a towbar on the back? (i peronsally dont think its going to fit, but i might be wrong tho)

tried to find information on the net, but nothing came up

anyone know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it does fit. Usually through a small hole through the rear bumper. U can also get one custom made to go under the bumper as well.

I had a 94 325 which i had a tow bar fitted to. Was about $300 for a Christchurch firm to do, not including an elec connection. Quite a simple process took them about 2 hours to fit it.

K4AQq2wl.jpg

^went under the bumper. No cutting required.

From memory there were different models available. Removable and nonremovable etc. Wasn't rated that highly in terms of weight but towed a boat with it once or twice :wacko:

oh thank u guys for ur input! was wondering is anyone know any place that does it for cheap in auckland including electrical

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From memory 550 kg unbraked / 1200 braked. Had one on my 325i . Got mine fitted via the dealer. Was a tidy locally built job.

post-797-0-78336500-1400495122.jpg

i find the best bars ones best , made for bmw nz etc

1400kg braked

just look for a used one , they come up often enough

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/bmw/accessories/auction-728942251.htm

Cheap as option. Looks e36 by my eye, Brent or someone should be able to confirm

looks like a pretty basic cheap one .

this is the type you want

its not a best bars one but same design

best bars ones normally have a chrome tounge

post-279-0-75958000-1400496651_thumb.jpg

post-279-0-79796200-1400496653.jpg

I had a 94 325 which i had a tow bar fitted to. Was about $300 for a Christchurch firm to do, not including an elec connection. Quite a simple process took them about 2 hours to fit it.

K4AQq2wl.jpg

^went under the bumper. No cutting required.

I recognise this tow bar, got one fitted to my 323i. Looks like yours has the same problem mine has; the towing weight is turning the tow bar about the fulcrum point and pushing the floor of the boot (where the spare tyre goes) upwards!! The floor of the tyre well is where the 'bar is bolted onto! Check the angle of the tongue and ball, it has moved rearwards and down!