Sign in to follow this  
ipwnyou

Bodykits

Would you put this on your E30?  

1 member has voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Eyelids are gay

Yet your sig pic has them???

Eyelids look good on the right cars, looked good on Tim's beast

bear in mind that glass kits often take a sh*t load to get fitting right. and it might look funky with mtech 1 skirts...you could always order whole set and get someone to take either pair off your hands depending which you like.

using my glass kit as an example, the glass is sh*t quality (mat as opposed to a proper fabric) and used sh*t loads of bog to get the shape

and the lowendesign, not me personally...just check out r3vlimited and e30tech....stories abound

They also dont come with holes drilled - so I would have to get it fitted professionaly or at least by someone that knows what they are doing.

Also have to get them painted.

So a bit of work involved I suppose. I was thinking of just getting the whole kit - but not sure who would want non-painted non-holed non-fitted side skirts and spoiler. But I suppose people buy anything on trademe :P

so they basically just drill anywhere and bolt em on where they can...before bogging holes and painting over so you cant get em out again? so c1000 for kit (i know its more but lets be generous) 1000ish for painting, and prob another 1000 for actually fitting it...plus you run the risk of it looking like ass. 3k doesnt seem that cheap

if you do go ahead, mind they use screws that wont rust (stainless) so you dont have red ooze. trust me, it happens.

i'm trying to think of something to solve your problem, but its not coming. buy a motorsport

so they basically just drill anywhere and bolt em on where they can...before bogging holes and painting over so you cant get em out again? so c1000 for kit (i know its more but lets be generous) 1000ish for painting, and prob another 1000 for actually fitting it...plus you run the risk of it looking like ass. 3k doesnt seem that cheap

if you do go ahead, mind they use screws that wont rust (stainless) so you dont have red ooze. trust me, it happens.

i'm trying to think of something to solve your problem, but its not coming. buy a motorsport

I would buy a motorsport if i could *find* one for less than the cost to get this done. Would it really be that much to get it fitted? Couldn't it just be fitted to the holes of the old kit, so it could be removed in the future?

Not as easy as I thought then =\ maybe I dont have a kit lol.

I couldnt find anywhere that didnt anything for less than $3000 in NZ that wasn't horrible and looked like it was made out of a number of plastic milk bottles.

Im pretty sure an Mtech2 kit fitted and painted ex germany by BMW is under 2.5k... so a 30% discount on that..... $1750 (dont quote me but im pretty sure)

I think you will be hard pressed to purchase an original OEM kit eg germany for that price. I was quoted $1,300 for the front valance alone. But then again that was from the dealer. Painting will cost you $1,300ish.

I caught up with a company that makes an E30 kit kit in New Zealand, they gave me a few rough prices... after askign me where abouts int he country i was from (they in gisborne) ... so he gave me price of $339+GST for a front splitter which I'm told is a iS lip, rear spoilers range from $350 - $500 apparently. Those are the only prices I have at the moment... all fibreglassed stuff... will be getting pics soonish if anyone wants a look.

I think I was given the ... Aucklanders pricing.

Cheers

Andy

Edited by E30stz

he gave me price of $339+GST for a front splitter which I'm told is a iS lip

Thats a bit of a rip, thats almost as much a genuine one from the dealers

its a lot of rip

dealer is 300+gst i think, or else 330, and won't shatter as soon as it gets scraped on the ground (which it will)

I think you will be hard pressed to purchase an original OEM kit eg germany for that price. I was quoted $1,300 for the front valance alone. But then again that was from the dealer. Painting will cost you $1,300ish.

Thats what Team's quoted me last year im sure.... but neway i work at BMW so ill check tomorrow

Man, you ppl are so lucky you don't have to deal with Shelley's here in Welly, they said they couldn't get the iS lip!

well they gave me that quote ex. germany, so they have to get some in. How far outa your ballpark is $359+GST ? , as I talked to the guy at Team McMillan and he said he could probably organise a group buy discount.

Edited by E30stz

I'm keen for the iS front lip, $250 would be the ideal amount though, $350+ is just raping me

Edited by ///Carl