Sign in to follow this  
Arma

Another e36 M3 - Queenstown

I wonder where it was imported from? VIN doesnt tell much, neither does carjam. Not UK, doesnt have MPH on cluster. Japan, Hong Kong or Singapore maybe?

Wont be reaching classic status anytime soon.

• Like 1

Possibly some Asian import. Has basic specs, no tweeter speakers on the door cards, only basic trip computer.

Rubbish,

Already achieved classic status

-best performing chassis of the nineties..........

-look what the relationship with McLaren produced.........

And look at the discussion just on this forum

• Like 1

Rubbish,

The E36 has been somewhat unloved as it was sandwiched between 2 generations of M3's which were ( rightly so ) raved about by both the press and owners. They've also suffered from tales of been under-engineered and basically 328 shells with some M-bits stuck on.

I think their "status" is catching up with how good a car they actually are, and values are rising.

Possibly some Asian import. Has basic specs, no tweeter speakers on the door cards, only basic trip computer.

Why are Asian imports seemingly "tainted"? Last time I checked, the cars are still all made in the same place.

Rubbish,

Your definition is clearly different to mine, all that means nothing to me.

I can see tidy M3's going up in value and becoming a collectible, but imo they will never be a true classic BMW

Hmmm... sounds like the usual NZ spec...

Edited by Allanw

Doesn't have much in the option list:

VIN WBSBG92030EA88661 Type code BG92 Type M3 (EUR) E series E36 (2) Series 3 Type COUPE Steering RL Doors 2 Engine S50 Displacement 3.20 Power 236 Drive HECK Transmission MECH Colour ESTORILBLAU METALLIC (335) Upholstery TEILLEDER W.N./SCHWARZ (N5SW) Prod.date 1996-06-28 S243A AIRBAG FUER BEIFAHRER Airbag for front passenger S255A SPORT-LEDERLENKRAD Sports leather steering wheel S401A SCHIEBE-HEBEDACH, ELEKTRISCH Lift-up-and-slide-back sunroof, electric S473A ARMAUFLAGE VORN Armrest front S498A KOPFSTUETZEN IM FOND Headrests mechanically adjustable, rear S534A KLIMAAUTOMATIK Automatic air conditioning S548A KILOMETERTACHO Kilometre speedo S806A 3.BREMSLEUCHTE Third stoplamp S818A BATTERIEHAUPTSCHALTER Battery master switch S850A ZUSAETZL. TANKFUELLUNG EXPORT Additional Export tank filling S925A VERSANDSCHUTZPAKET Dispatch protection pack

Why are Asian imports seemingly "tainted"? Last time I checked, the cars are still all made in the same place.

Your right they are built in same place, just funny specs sometimes. Like the jap ones with funny cloth/leather uppolstry, had a jap E36 325i with weird blue cloth and blue plastic trim and local content zf auto gear box. I also had an ex Singapore E36 M3, with all the fruit. Was fine exept ac core in dash rotted - Dash out to replace. People said to me others had trouble with imports esp with electrics from those really hot humid counties. All just opinions I guess. Edited by FRT

I always prefer NZDM, but that is completely irrational and quite frankly illogical as NZ owners dont look after their cars any better than anyone else and the cars usually arent specced as well as imports. Just a psychological thing i guess.

There are some exceptions, like the jap import E36 autos having the terrible jerky jatco boxes, and having lived most of their life in start-stop traffic doing 1st-2nd-1st change over and over again.

That Evo in the OP is opened worse than my relatively basic early NZDM M3 (i have the dual tweeters in the doors and full OBCbut no sunroof).

Some overseas M3s did get that sports wheel, so not surprised there, but good spotting on having facelift nose on a prefacelift. Can also see it still has the prefacelift side repeaters.