Sign in to follow this  
SLKBMW

E30 newbie - HELLO

Hey BMW enthusiasts!

I purchased mine end of September 2013 as a cheap run about and do-up (will also be teaching little sister to drive and will end up passing down to her as her first car in a of couple years). I'm up in AKL but travel to The Mount and Hamilton often.

4 door to fit family in as my dad drives it to drop my sister off to school. I got her stock standard, automatic, sunroof (yusss), tidy inside, few rust spots on roof and bonnet but looking at getting her painted sometime this year or next.

Slowly doing her up, partner treated me to some BBS RS wheels + cobra springs for valentines which makes her look like a totally different car! Starting with appearance and then move onto modifying the engine to give some power however this will be after driving lessons haha.

Have purchased the pplate SLKBMW, slapped a couple stickers on and tints to come next month so if you see me driving around give me a wave, I'm looking forward to meeting you and your cars!

post-51595-0-88547800-1402705681.jpg

Edited by SLKBMW
  • Like 1

Come to the coffee and cars meet this month last sunday i think its 29th.

My first Bmw was an e30 , good unmolested ones really hold their value. So I sold mine to a mate for $7000 (325i)and he still has it 9 years later...I`d be surprised if it`s dropped $2000 in that time.

want to sell the black plates if you didn't have to surrender them???

What's running under the hood?
Welcome :D

You have to surrender them, they send you a bag when your new plates arrive.

Even if you upgrade your standard plates to Euro plates you have to send the old ones back.

You have to surrender them, they send you a bag when your new plates arrive.

Even if you upgrade your standard plates to Euro plates you have to send the old ones back.

Ive got p plates on mine, still have the old ones here tho. they just asked for me to drop them off whenever...

Come to the coffee and cars meet this month last sunday i think its 29th.

Yes I read the post and you had me at donburi ;) will see you there!

My first Bmw was an e30 , good unmolested ones really hold their value. So I sold mine to a mate for $7000 (325i)and he still has it 9 years later...I`d be surprised if it`s dropped $2000 in that time.

That's incredible I hope to keep this close either with me or at least in the family can't wait to see how she holds up in 9 year or more years :)

want to sell the black plates if you didn't have to surrender them???

I haven't put slkbmw on the car yet but I'll check if I don't have to surrender the black plates will let you know.

What's running under the hood?

Welcome :D

Thank you! I'm really excited slash nervous to be here haha can't wait to meet you all!

She's stock under the hood just a baby 2ltr, standard 320i might have trouble keeping up with you lot ;)

It`s an e30..keep it clean and away from the reverse baseball cap crowd and the world will beat a path to your door...

And the 2 litre is of course an in line 6.......not a baby at all..

It`s an e30..keep it clean and away from the reverse baseball cap crowd and the world will beat a path to your door...

And the 2 litre is of course an in line 6.......not a baby at all..

I think it will be safe with me ;) I only want good things for her and she can move but I've owned bigger engines before so a bit slower to what I'm used to but I like it, for now ;)