Sign in to follow this  
Ghost

New Car

wheels should have offset stamped in the centre by the wheel stud holes, under the centre cap. Will be ETXX.

Guest Spargo

i could also be keen on the wheels too, depending on price

I thoght you had a line on some 16x8/16x9 BBS RS?

Update: No major problems as yet with the M. However, there is a growing list of things to do.

Found out my discs (newish cross-drilled zimmermans from PO) are warped, this leads to massive shudder under breaking when they are hot- the entire dash and stearing wheel where moving more than an inch violently up and down- not conducive to quick driving...

So, new discs all round, pads, braided lines and fluid will be happening at some stage.

I need my schims (sp?) replaced. New engine mounts, gearbox mounts, seals, camber plates (probably get a gruppe-A set).

The car leaks a little oil from somewhere- working on that.

The engine is tired, I have the smallest airbox on there, and extractors, plus PO didn't put in a cross-pipe section in the new exhaust (idiot). So will get the EVO airbox, (The DTM CF airbo/plenum is way out of my budget at the moment) plus extractors and a chip (will get an Alpha-N system at some stage or just man-up and buy a complete stand alone EMS like a Motec 400).

All this from car that is in pretty good condition. I feel for the new owners of e30 M3's that havn't been looked after (or have rust).

The BBS style #5's on the car now slow the car down significantly (heavy and large diameter rears), so I've decided to refurbish the other set of wheels that came with the car- which I have just noted are BBS RS's (16x8 and 16x9 - w00t!)

They will go from this:

Posted Image

To this:

Posted Image

I've been on the Europeon Car Club of Australia forums and went on a 'cruise' here in WA:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Good fun :)

Will keep you posted as things progress- I can't see anything happening until after Feb, with xmas, and I'm in Europe (maybe I can pick up some DTM parts while I'm over there....hmmmm, Sam, you still need those mirrors picked up?)

Cheers

Ash

Edited by Ghost

Guest Spargo

Sell me your wheels. Either set will do.

Ash, you might have to bring me back a c/f dtm flap :ph34r:

Well mate you're in luck, I'm taking my full snowboard gear bag over so that could actually be a possibility...

I'll be there on Feb.

Ash

if you find out where to get them, let me know, mine are pretty mint, but missing the bbs logo on a couple. Would also prefer the flat centrecap if possible

Guest Andrew

if you find out where to get them, let me know, mine are pretty mint, but missing the bbs logo on a couple. Would also prefer the flat centrecap if possible

I have the ones from my RSs kicking around - i'm not gonna use them. Just gotta find them.

Well mate you're in luck, I'm taking my full snowboard gear bag over so that could actually be a possibility...

Oh yeah, we know what you Aussies cart around the world in those don't we?!!!! :confused:

So 'Ghost' am i correct in saying that you will be selling the wheels that you have on your car in your signature pic??

I was never selling the style 5's and after seeing the potential of the RS's I have decided to keep them too and eventually refurbish them.

And yes, unless you have a done a 5-lug conversion, they would suit your car anyway...

QUOTE (Andrew @ Dec 17 2005, 07:23 AM)

I have the ones from my RSs kicking around - i'm not gonna use them. Just gotta find them. 

If you have another four more i'd be interested :)

Cheers

Ash

Haha it's these little things that I overlook.....All good, i've already got some nice wheels lined up but I just want more dish, it's just soo badass.

Spent last night taking a few photos.

Any advice/critic would be appreciated- I'm a real novice with an SLR.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ash

(do we need a photography forum?)