Sign in to follow this  
pldubs

Let off loss of traction?

His actual fine was "operating a vehicle in a manner that could cause /injury/loss/annoyance"

the round-a-bout he was on is a really stupid one, which you have to turn VERY Sharply as it has a protruding corner (you actually can't pull into your first lane without taking it wide)

tbh, he probably didn't kick the back out until one of his wheels hit the white lines.

Cop was a complete agro though,

Edited by antil33t

well, those white lines are known to be lethally slippery in the wet. Just ask motorcyclists!

Thats exactly the kind of thing that would annoy the hell out of me and have me demanding a court appearance to try yak my way out of it to a judge. Even if it did cost a day off work and $100+ in court cost.

$600 seems unreasonable and ott. How does "annoying" make it into law outside playing your black sabbath too loud on your new aiwa midi system at 2am at home on a thursday morning? Pretty vague and subjective.

If id done it deliberately and been snapped id wear it. Seems quite a sharp cost for a genuine accidental skid though.

• Like 1

Dont bother with the rubbish this kid is crapping on about. Just write in a nice, level headed, cool, calm and collected letter. If they let you off, cool, if they dont, chalk it up to experience.

this. it's your only real option.

I'd wait for Jekyll to come back with some info on the loopy loops. That's your only real option.

• Like 3

Video yourself doing some proper skids in a crowded pedestrian street so you can explain the difference between your accidental non-dangerous skid compared to some bad-ass dangerous ones that you like to do on the weekend.

The opinions of internet troll, jeffbebe are in no way shared by me nor do I condone this kind of behaviour.

• Like 4

I'd wait for Jekyll to come back with some info on the loopy loops. That's your only real option.

Why cant he just write in or speak to a JOP in the Community Centers of his town for some advice.

I was being serious, My friend was telling me the other day what to do if a cop calls you to court with small issues like this, its got something to do with a maori treaty or something in northland where if you represent yourself as part of this organization then you are above the court. He even told me how people rips off winz. I am going to find out more next time.

Why cant he just write in or speak to a JOP in the Community Centers of his town for some advice.

I was being serious, My friend was telling me the other day what to do if a cop calls you to court with small issues like this, its got something to do with a maori treaty or something in northland where if you represent yourself as part of this organization then you are above the court. He even told me how people rips off winz. I am going to find out more next time.

well if your mate said it it must be true

judging by the factual nature of your posts I have no doubt the company you keep is equally trustworthy

• Like 4

What a load of bollocks. Absolutely not true.

Ive seen many people represent themselves as part of a native organisation to be above the courts. Ive seen soverign maori issued licenses, regos, wofs etc etc nome of them are worth the paper they are printed on.

you can tell the cops and the courts how something you printed up at home makes you above them but they will only laugh and charge you court costs.

Noone is above the courts. Im pretty sure that in the rules there somewhere.

Basically comes down to the law is the law. But if you have a reasonable argument to say you didnt break said law they will hear you.

OP knows what to do so bad legal advice from a mate if a mate isnt going to help anyone.

• Like 2

Never mind the racism, here comes the uninformed opinion of an obscure friend of a mates I met once at a party for three minutes and he told me about this guy who got off a charge of farting in public by giving the law the middle finger.

Any photos of the E28 dude? There's an E28 525ee that belongs to a guy at work I'm trying to convince him to selling it to me. Rough as old guts but what a car! :)

UV faded red paint, dings and dents all over the place, but one owner from new, manual & rust-free. Just begging for a rusty bonnet, a set of RS's and a dose of boost!

• Like 1