Sign in to follow this  
Rohil

New Member Intro!

Hi guys,

My name is Rohil and iv been meaning to do my intro for a while but have waited till i mamaged to get my hands on 2 BMWs.

The first is my daily, the one that started this whole affair, my 2005 E46 320i sedan. Its not hypersuperspeed quick or anything but i have loved it since the moment i got it. Its has an msport package and although the ride quality is somewhat stiff on long drives, it handles amazingly. And yes, auto.

Second, my new (old) E30, irlts a 323i sedan, yeeeesssss its a 323 the one with the different fuel system. But thats my project car, i love cars but im not super mechnically minded. I mean i study finance and economics. I can do basic maintenance but not much else, so i decided to get a car i would enjoy working on and learning on. So now i have a E30. At least my girlfriend likes the manual opening sunroof, so shes kinda bought into the dream too. For the E30 i was hoping to get some ideas off forums of which direction to take it. Im going to keep it clean and stock and slowly do it up as i learn more about the engine. A manual swap and engine swap would be great, but costly for a student. Id love to find someone to work with who can show me how to do it though, so if youre keen on a bit of a project let me know. Anyways thats enough rambling from me, im sure youll hear more from me in the near future look for threads like "HELP, my E30 wont start and is in a ball of fire" or something along those lines. But for now, i have more reading to do about mods.

Thanks,

Rohil

post-51605-1408965674077.jpg

post-51605-14089657179606.jpg

post-51605-14089657494061.jpg

post-51605-14089657689855.jpg

I will add more of the E30 photos as i take them. But heres more of the E46, darth vader spec (almost)

post-51605-14089659114509.jpg

post-51605-14089659384382.jpg

post-51605-14089659559689.jpg

post-51605-14089660432143.jpg

Welcome, nice e46. :)

Take it to Ray @ HellBM and get a Manual conversion done. :>
Hope to see you at the next meet (whenever that is).

i love cars but im not super mechnically minded. I mean i study finance and economics.

"HELP, my E30 wont start and is in a ball of fire" or something along those lines. But for now, i have more reading to do about mods.

Welcome mate, you will enjoy your time here

I studied Finance and Economics as well among other things, and have the ticket now, learning as you go. There a lot of "office skilled" people here, IT, Finance, sales, etc, you dont have to be a mechanic to play!

Your second comment.... hmmm.... they are an E30, they do break down, but its all part of the fun, and just an excuse to build and improve stuff.

The E30s have a bit of a bug that latches on to you while you own them!

Bring it along to one of the Auckland meets some time, would be good to have a look!

Thanks for the welcome guys! I would be really keen to come along to the next meet! As for the E30, its an experience for me. Iv parked the E46 and have daily the E30, its just so fun to drive. I gave it a service yesterday so shes running a bit smoother now. Ill tend to the niggly bits such as central locking, lights etc this weekend. Hoping to go visit Brent and get some parts. Ill keep the progress (no matter how minor) updated as best as i can. As for the manual convert, ill have to give Ray a call, hoping is not TOO expensive.

WElcome to the forums and the Bimmer bug.. Looks like you've been biten good..

Nice couple of cars you have there.

I'll look forward to seeing the pics and topics as you progress with your E30.

WElcome to the forums and the Bimmer bug.. Looks like you've been biten good..

Nice couple of cars you have there.

I'll look forward to seeing the pics and topics as you progress with your E30.

Yeah the E30 atm just got a nice service, leaking a bit of oil out the front, probably should tend to that. Im having dark thoughts about stroker kits, the dark part being the cost. On the up side.YELLOW HEADLIGHTS AND FOGS!