Sign in to follow this  
Shorty

Clutch

Anyone know:
a) how much a standard clutch kit is? and
B) where I can get one from..

Mine has just started to slip, so thinking I had better do some research now and start getting the money together for it. I don't need anyone to install it, I have that part covered, and I'm not looking to upgrade to a high performance or anything.

Thanks in advance.

You may also need to replace the dual mass flywheel as well Shantelle if it's faulty... If so I'd go to an alternative set up.

Edited by B.M.W Ltd

steerling clutch , BNT , auto clutch in morningside etc . but like said above probable will need a new flywheel too , if there is too much play in the dual mass flywheel it will just stuff the next clutch in no time

Thanks! :) (It's the E36 that needs it) It apparantly had a clutch done in it not long before I bought it, but the release point was always quite high. So I assume maybe the flywheel wasn't done at that time, if the clutch was actually even replace (no paperwork) Oh well, will be a fun job learning more about my car.

Glenn what sort of alternative set up would you recommend?

What I would recommend would be very expensive... but it would be right.... give me a call

Well if it had been replaced I would say 80,000 or less. But if not 199,000km