Sign in to follow this  
KwS

BORROW: S50B30 Cam sensors

Hi

I urgently need to borrow the cam angle sensors from an S50B30 M3, prefer all 3 (intake, exhaust and TDC), but TDC would be a great start. Im having an issue that reports back as one of the sensors and i need to pop a good sensor in to test and see if the issue and code go away, before i go ordering sensors at $200 a pop.

Will pay postage here and back if not local, and will pay for time.

Can you give me the part numbers? I have a set of intake and exhaust cam sensors out of an e39 m5 that might be the same. They did not produce any error codes when they were installed so should help if they're the same.

Hey,

TDC sensor is 12141401888

Intake cam is 12141401889

exhaust cam is 12141401890

Wont need the sensors for long, easy to get in and out on my car and testing is non-destructive.

Edited by KwS

ah thats a shame, thanks for checking anyway.

Mine all look like this, with slight variations in the plugs.

413154_x800.jpg

Could even do with just testing the TDC on the front of the motor first (above the vanos unit, right at the top front), as i have a hunch this is whats causing my problem but i dont want to spend $200 to get the part from Germany, and have it not fix the problem, and the part is non-returnable.

Edited by KwS

just ran part numbers, all three are E36 M3 S50 specific

Interestingly, doesnt say its cross compatible with Z3M with same engine, might be a glitch tho

Contact Geoff here in Wellington, he has a few S50s and S54s lying about, he might be able to help, i dont have his number saved on this phone sorry

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

Yup, sucks, full on ///M tax on these parts >_< The TDC sensor is B30 specific too, which makes it even less common.

Sorry, which one is Geoff?

Think his handle is FIAT131R ??

yep something like that

Just checked the part numbers. The E36 and the E46 have quite different part numbers for the sensors

Ended up buying all 3 from PelicanParts in the states. Should have them in a couple of weeks. Cheers for everyones help, pity no one had any kicking around.