Ok this is really random but hey

its got some thing to do with bmw's

whos got the fastest 318 ?

or knows of the fastest 318 ?

whats beeen done to it ?

yeh.......... see ya later

im going to kfc now

i suggest you do the same

Are you making considerations for the iS models as they're considerably better from factory

And are you considering E-model and induction?

Edited by ///Carl

any thing goes ....

i just want to know whats the most some ones got out of a 1.8 lt bmw engine

along those lines

lol

27 mins kfc and back? If u didn't get takeaway u'r a fat bastard.

Good concept. Maybe a few of us should get 316's. No non-standard parts allowed - just u'r own tuning skill - who can make the fastest?

Depends what you mean by fastest, even E30 318i had 3 different engines in them. The first 318i (M10) had 105hp, while the facelift used M40 which has 115hp, then the 318iS uses DOHC M42 which is around 140hp? AFAIK no-one on this site owns a 318i with any thing other than exhaust/intake. So I suppose the members with the 318iS will have fastest 4 cyls.

One member helped build up an M10 a while ago that supposedly went quite well. I've done the exhaust and built a CAI but I dont reckon it did much, I'd like to race a standard one though to see how it does.

300hp wouldn't be too difficult with FI

Edited by petone

Try this for a BMW 1.5 then:

BMW engines entered Formula 1 in 1982. With the standard 4-cylinder 1.5-litre block featuring 16 valves, a turbocharger and intercooler operating at 2.8 bar, BMW's engineers under Paul Rosche achieve an engine output of 540bhp at 9500 rpm. Later versions of this engine produced over 800 horsepower.

turbo'd ... if u want a fast 318 be prepared to spend more than a few grand getting some more output.

My stock 1.8L engine is pretty fast for an 1.8 .. raced an E36 318iS off the lights and once on a deserted road and bet it twice ..

BMW engines entered Formula 1 in 1982. With the standard 4-cylinder 1.5-litre block featuring 16 valves, a turbocharger and intercooler operating at 2.8 bar, BMW's engineers under Paul Rosche achieve an engine output of 540bhp at 9500 rpm. Later versions of this engine produced over 800 horsepower.

They got a bit higher than that. 1300-1500 hp in qualifying, apparently 5.5bar (80psi)

That's right, I'd read that b4, but couldn't find it in a hurry, so just copy/pasted the first one I found. Phenomenol power!!!! :bowdown:

thing is, thats hardly related to the m10 (diff heads and a wee bit more $$ to throw at R&D)

its badass

Turbos, who needs a hairdryer?

There are 3 of these and 1 E46 that produce in excess of 300hp NA in the country.

post-2-1131517687.jpg