Sign in to follow this  
my_e36

Advanced Driver Training, worth going?

Have you been to any advanced driver training? (not club track-days)

Are they worth going?

There're BMW NZ@Puke, BMW Oz@all over and the Holden NZ@all over (Puke, Taupo, Manfield and a few more places)

Stage I courses from BMW are almost $600, Holden's one about $400, but you drive your own car in Holden's course.

$$$$$

controlled testing days are the win. $90 and just free lapping. most driver trainings have been overrated

Testing days are for having fun, driver training days are just that, driver training, so how can they be overrated?

If you want to learn something useful instead of just hitting a track 'thinking' you know what you're doing then the training days are all good, but not worth paying $400+ for.

Did the BMW driver training a couple of months back (mostly to thrash the crap out of the E90) and its the same basic structure as the Continental Cars days etc. It is expensive but a good day with a lot of track time. Recommend

i did one too & i think its so worth it!! it really does teaches you how to control your car better in difficult situations...

i especially tell ppl to go for it esp if they're not used to driving rwd cars...

maybe if most ppl have done it, they wouldn't end up crashing into gutters or traffic lights in the wet! ;)

n ricer boys need to learn how to put their seats up to see and control their car better instead of sleeping down on their seats! idiots! lol!

1) you will practise and do things in your car that you cant really do on the road

2) you will be asked to think about what you are doing when you are driving your car

3)There will probably be nothing presented in the course that you havent heard before,but it will be presented from a different pperspective

4)You will most likely be with a group of(mostly) like minded people

5) you will get a chance to drive your own car (or a nice 330) in a new situation and try things you may not have tried before

6)do you need any other excuses?

1) you will practise and do things in your car that you cant really do on the road

2) you will be asked to think about what you are doing when you are driving your car

3)There will probably be nothing presented in the course that you havent heard before,but it will be presented from a different pperspective

4)You will most likely be with a group of(mostly) like minded people

5) you will get a chance to drive your own car (or a nice 330) in a new situation and try things you may not have tried before

6)do you need any other excuses?

I'm sold, just need to save up the money to do it now...

Thanks guys~!

Guest Andrew

i did one too & i think its so worth it!! it really does teaches you how to control your car better in difficult situations...

i especially tell ppl to go for it esp if they're not used to driving rwd cars...

maybe if most ppl have done it, they wouldn't end up crashing into gutters or traffic lights in the wet! ;)

n ricer boys need to learn how to put their seats up to see and control their car better instead of sleeping down on their seats! idiots! lol!

we don't get to do mad JDM drifting on driver training days -

So thats why all the people who like to go sideways on here still ocasionally hit the odd ditch/curb. Driver training won't help that. Practice will.

true..but i've been for 2 driver trainings, one with BMW and their 325i's and the other with the bmwclub qld.

both had skid pad controls. at least they 'try' and teach you how to control your car in a greasy situation and not be so hesitant to jammed on the brakes & have quick evasive steering manuervers..which we all know what it could lead to..;)