Sign in to follow this  
Tidy30

E30 M3 cabrio back on sale again

WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE E30 BMW M3 2.5 SPORT EVOLUTION, THE M3 CONVERTIBLE IS THE NEXT SORT AFTER OF ALL THE E30 M3 MODELS PRODUCED (ONLY 786 WERE PRODUCED). GIVEN ITs LOW PRODUCTION VOLUME and UNIQUE BODY REQUIREMENTS THESE CARS WERE HAND BUILD BY BMW FACTORY STAFF, AND AS SUCH ARE HIGHLY PRIZED BY CLASSIC CAR COLLECTORS and BMW AFICIONADOS ALIKE.

There is sooo much wrong with that sentence, and not just the spelling and caps lock. A very nice car, yes. Just such a shame that it's a convertible and not a tin-top and that it has been converted to RHD.

Worlds greatest automotive oxymoron. M3 convertible. Next time you hear someone accusing Germans of having no sense humour, show them a photo of one of these ;)

Having said that, I'd still very happily own one!!

That car is an identity crisis.

Also it grinds my gears when dealers state

"IN THE BEST COLOUR/TRIM COMBINATION-MISANO RED/LOTUS WHITE NAPPA LEATHER."

wuuuut thats totally subjective... personally no cars suit cream/white leather

• Like 1

Worlds greatest automotive oxymoron. M3 convertible. Next time you hear someone accusing Germans of having no sense humour, show them a photo of one of these ;)

Having said that, I'd still very happily own one!!

Haha +1......i missed out on an e30 m3.Black on black with genuine motorsport carbon front and rear spoilers.102000kmsLhd,dog leg gearbox,etc etc.Could have had it for $21500.One of my lifes regrets i didn't buy it.....sooooooooooo much fun to drive,the chassis on them are awesome!!!!

Also it grinds my gears when dealers state

Agreed....for me it would be interior out replaced with black leather,ditch the soft top and spend silly amounts of money on a carbon lid.

Also it grinds my gears when dealers state

Disagree. Ever seen a BRG Aston with cream leather interior and piped seats? I think you'd find that combo works rather well.

Hear hear. If I had the cash I'd buy it and leave it exactly as it is.

Disagree. Ever seen a BRG Aston with cream leather interior and piped seats? I think you'd find that combo works rather well.

Proving my point exactly, everyone is different.... its like claiming you listen to the best music

That car is quite special though. One of three ever built to that spec. A friend and customer who has now passed on owned it and I've worked on it in my workshop

You have to admit it is in superb near new condition and there are people who would not worry if about it being rh drive most likely retire age who want to enjoy them selves.

It was like when restoring it to new condition but at the last minute decided on some tacky colours for the interior, for me the white handbrake boot, steering wheel and gear leaver boot would have to go straight away next would be the white speedo dials all back to original.