Sign in to follow this  
a13antichrist

320 M series

OK so we've sorta done the badging thing to death but I just came home and parked outside there's a "1993 320i M Series" - that's what it says on the LTNZ registration label. It has the full body kit incl. spoiler, M3 mags, the rear badge with no model designation and even has M3 mirrors. And, funnily enough, it's automatic.

I thought we decided there was no such thing as an "M-series"? :unsure:

Theres M series cars like the M3 and then there are cars that are normal BMW's with the optional Msport kit added to them for an addtional price, this is done before you get the car, as they are made to order.

For example, my mum's 325i has an Msport kit on it. But it is still a 325i.

Rego means shizzle... I remember seeing an M328iS which ofcourse there is no such thing.

Rego people dont know whats real and wat aint, I bet if I really wanted to I could ad iS onto the end of mine next time regos due without any hassles.

You can write anything on a rego sticker. My convertible is a 325i IQW. Anyone tell me what that is? I filled out a form to re rego the Lexus and she told me it didn't exist as I had the brand and model wrong.

free bump - this subject should have been dropped weeks ago lol :)

Edited by E30stz

Its a real M. The real deal. Worth 3x as much as a normal 320i. Its also 3, maybe 3.2754x faster.

In fact that sounds like one of the limited edition e30 shiezer models. I'd make an offer before the guy realises what he has.

heh rang my insurance company last year to insure the car, and they asked if it was and 'm sport' I said ... wtf is an 'm sport' .. she said I have that model listed .. I said, you mean an M3 , she said no we have that too but an 'm sport' model .. I said err its a 330i .. thats it .. and there is no such thing as an 'm sport' I said you can get a 330i with a ///M badge on it that they did in japan to make the japs feel special or you can buy a model with the mtech kit on it but there is no 'm sport' model ... Insurance companies will try it on with anything :|

MCMillan BMW when new as a 328 i/4 which suggests it is a standard spec 4 speed auto

Normally the /4 refers to four door - auto would be 328 iA if anything. I'd guess that automatic 328's are all 5 speed anyway?