Sign in to follow this  
beemn

E46 Coil over options

Just want to find out if anyone here has any experiance with xyz coil overs with the rear spring and shock in one or the bc gold br series with the inboard rear springs on their e46. Im not sure which to go for, small budget, the car will be for circut/road. I think the xyz will be easier to adjust the rear ride height with maybe more ride height adjustability, and bc can rebuilt..what else is there to know?

I bought a set of XYZ for my M3 and am very happy. Talked to Evan and worked out that the road set wasn't suitable and the race only would be bad on road so chose the cheaper race / road set...it is a bit firm on some bad roads but very good on most roads....(though I cant remember if I have adjusted to full soft yet).

I am running a heavier front sway bar as well though.

I believe on track they will be pretty good maybe even great, I feel they are good value and handle at least as well as the Koni Race set in my MX5 turbo race car....

Evan was very helpful and as such I intend to purchase more from them and also get some car work done in their workshop...

I'm running "std" coilovers in my e36 and i can't fault them, adjustable rebound, rebuildable, body adjustable & cheap, what's not to like? Also they're made by greddy so you know the quality is good. I would recommend checking them out. Also they have measurements machined into the shock so adjusting the height accurately is a breeze

Cheers. Ended up with the BC Golds. They look pretty good. In the end it was more convenient to get them local rather from Tauranga. Hopefully fit them this weekend when the car gets back from being caged, then need to try and find tires..none in the country till Feb in my sizes

Keen to see this in the flesh, Milan. Can't imagine it's happening in Westmere driveway. Where's this project holed up?

This will be the 3rd race car done in my driveway...hill and all...all started with this little bugger

post-122-0-97000200-1416886405_thumb.jpg

Feel free to pop round, will be all go again after the weekend, can do anything as unsafe as we like at home with out a choice

post-122-0-16973400-1416886379.jpg

Edited by beemn

Quite a few of the guys in the series are running XYC Milan. Including their Brake kits.

But really the only main difference is the support. They guys from Tauranga will help out where needed with set up and spring rates. BC... Well it is just some importer selling some shocks.

Just make sure you give them a good check over before the warranty runs out.