Sign in to follow this  
trottsky

E36 Sump Guard

Does anybody know where to get hold of a sump guard for an e36 328 coupe? I saw one on ebay a while ago in the uk but can't find it anymore, also for obvious reasons it would be easier to get hold of one from over here. Or is it the kind of thing you'd have to fabricate yourself due to not much demand? I'm going on a South Island roadtrip in January and the front end is a little low, I REALLY don't want to smash the sump up in the Haast pass or anything : s

Thanks, Tom

Going from memory you'd need to smash a bit of subframe and steering rack before you bottom out the sump.

You might be thinking of an xbrace

Well judging by a certain m5 that came into work the other day with a smashed sump (after it had hit the subframe and rack infront of it), I wouldn't rule any scenario out. Cheers though

Just be careful ? Its pretty hard to break a sump ( even though ive f**ked 2 )

Have an e46 guard but probably not much use, would need some sortta adapting. Pretty heavy too.

Ha, right ok well I might get an xbrace off of a convertible or something (don't know if they fit onto a coupe, will do some research) and then bash up some 4mm Alu plate

Ha, right ok well I might get an xbrace off of a convertible or something (don't know if they fit onto a coupe, will do some research) and then bash up some 4mm Alu plate

Z3 crossbrace is the same as M3.

Not overly cheap but, worth the investment from those I know that have fitted them

Z3 crossbrace is the same as M3.

Not overly cheap but, worth the investment from those I know that have fitted them

Cheers bro!