Sign in to follow this  
Arma

Water/Coolant in Undercarriage - what hoses are here?

So to continue with my holy maintenance thread spam. I've noticed my coolant decreased ever so slightly after driving about 70km. Nothing to be super worried about but being the picky person I am with leaks nowadays, I want to address it. I took a video of the undercarriage which seems to have some wetness / water / coolant residue there. Im not sure if it is coolant, as it is not green like it was for my radiator leak. But my question is - what kind of coolant or water hoses are located around that area? Waterpump is a possibility for leak but I replaced that end of last year. I've also replaced the following:

• upper and lower radiator hoses
  • thermostat
  • radiator
  • waterpump pulley belt (not that it matters)

Video below:

Are those hoses a PITA to remove?

Going to hoist it up on saturday and take the cover off to get a better look.

If it ain't green it won't be coolant. Unless you've refilled the system with water only?

Check the two washer reservoirs for leaks. Dead o-rings, perished lines, cracks in bottles etc

The water is probably from your broken windscreen washer tubes Adeeb or the intensive washer bottle we took the motor out of yesterday

Edited by B.M.W Ltd

There is a very visible drop of what looks like either engine oil or trans fluid (its either brown or red) hanging off the hose at the front. Need to trace that further.

There is a very visible drop of what looks like either engine oil or trans fluid (its either brown or red) hanging off the hose at the front. Need to trace that further.

I see that too

• Like 1

That just looks like p/s fluid or engine oil leaks that stain the plastic.

Bingo. Hoisted it up this morning. One of the high pressure and one of the low pressure p/s hoses are leaking a little bit. Checked my reservoir level but that's still pretty full. Will keep an eye on it and try to get it replaced at some point.

Also noticed 1 drop of green coolant on the undercarriage when i took it of after a small drive. Spent a little time cleaning the pulley belt under the waterpump until suddenly a drop of green coolant appeared on it. 80-90% sure that's dropping from the waterpump. Have replaced the thermostat twice in a year so it can't be that (be better if it is, since that's an easier job). Will keep an eye on the coolant and see how major the leak is. I'll tackle the waterpump first. P/s stuff can come later.