Sign in to follow this  
AlexT

M3 COUPE 1996 EVO - M3AV2

Been forsale for ages, low spec import. Thats about all i know.

no hifi audio, manual seats, and 8 button OBC are a pretty good giveaway that the first buyer was tight. Most of those things are standard options for most markets.

The steering wheel is also curious, the evo generally gets the bigger, newer wheel like the E39.

Edited by KwS

In saying that though, depending on how good the "full history" is, and the condition of the car it looks like a good option. Things like the OBC and audio can be upgraded later on, and Estoril is a lovely colour.

I think the later evos got the bigger round three spoke wheel in NZ not sure about other country's.

The 3.0 like my 93, have the big flat four spoke ones. I also had a 97 and im pretty sure it had that small one.

strange, dont think iver ever seen an evo that didnt have this wheel,

BMW_M3_Evo_E36_Convertible_-_Flickr_-_Th

I'd actually like the wheel in the original post for my own car :P

Hmmm yeah maybe it did. I had a 95 325i coupe with that skinny one it had the red airbag light at the bottom of the bottom spoke.

RealOEM shows all three as an option. Seems the original buyer was cheap. Seems to be in great condition though, perhaps the seller would be willing to take it to Coombes (Is that the Dunedin dealership?) for a full PPI?

#S50envy

Sure is a nice example, doesn't seem too expensive either, i've seen a lot of Evo M3 's with this steering wheel option. Hope a member gets it!

Cookie howlison is our dealer but better places to go than there. Have seen this around, is a friends of Jarod, dakarm3? On here

That car's at the top of my wishlist at the moment. Love it. Would seriously consider grabbing it if it's still avaible when i'm in the market for a new car, hopefully in the very near future

Actually, thats what i spotted when the blue one was listed originally. It has PFL sidemarkers, which means PFL guards yet FL nosecone and grills.

The high K's issue is alway a tricky one even if the car looks in great condition. I'm only using it as a second car so I know I wont be adding many to it.

I think buyers still get hung up on the amount of K's showing on the clock, as I am right now - and when I come to sell, I'll have the same issue with potential buyers being put off by higher K's.

I do like the idea of driving one from Queenstown to Auckland.

id take a higher km (210,000km in almost 20 years aint that high) nz new car with full NZ history over an import any day. Oh wait, i did. Each to their own, Techno > Estoril though.

personal preference mainly. i dont trust overseas service histories or odometers.