Sign in to follow this  
Nobimmer

Shipping from Nz to Europe.

Hello ladies

My mum is moving to Sweden at the end of the year which is rad because when I go to visit her there will be heaps of lush Swedish chicks to look at.

In the mean time she has a "mother's" worth of crap she has accumulated in her 50 odd years on this planet. Probably about a pallets worth of boxes of clothes, shoes, albums etc.

Has anyone had any experiences good or bad with sending a pallet to Sweden or anywhere in Europe? She tried herself to find a way of doing it and the local courier quoted her over 1500$ for 3 day airmail which she thought was good - bless her.

Any info would be appreciated

Cheers

Ash

$1500 seems pretty good to me.

I get a butt load of stuff sent to NZ as part of my job. I just got a price to air freight a few boxes from Italy, that couldn't weigh more than 5kgs collectively, and it was closer to $2000.

Hello ladies

My mum is moving to Sweden at the end of the year which is rad because when I go to visit her there will be heaps of lush Swedish chicks to look at.

You have no idea. I pulled a muscle in my neck waiting for a mate at the train station, didn't even see him when he turned up.

$2000 for 5kgs??? WTF? I just sent some presents to my family in the UK weighing more than that for $80.

When I emigrated I shipped a shed load of stuff on a boat. Took it's sweet time getting here but cost f*ck all.

$2000 for 5kgs??? WTF? I just sent some presents to my family in the UK weighing more than that for $80.

When I emigrated I shipped a shed load of stuff on a boat. Took it's sweet time getting here but cost f*ck all.

Just looked at the order again, it's $1400. They are big boxes in size ( 600 x 600 ), but the weight isn't huge.

And for clarity sake, I don't actually arrange the freight, the suppliers do.

But unless I i'm thinking about a different size pallet, $1500 seems reasonable?

Yeah I don't need air freight, can take months to get there it's fine. I have sent stuff to America before (a block) and it cost $85 on a ship. I imagine there must be a cheap way to do it that takes a while.

For air freight it is a reasonable price. The question would be whether the stuff really needs to go by air, if she can live without it for a few weeks a sea-shipment would be much cheaper. Speak to some of the removals type people - NZ Van Lines, Crown, etc. and see if they have a container going over that you can squeeze into.

And the thought of Ashkan in Sweden is worrying - mind you the price of booze will calm him down a bit!

Yeah ideally looking at sea freight, it's all crap that she doesn't use and probably won't even use when she gets them there, she's just a hoarder... I see where I get it from.

Yeah, my youngest brother who just finished school got offered to go live there with her but he doesn't want to because, wait for it, he's bought an e30 and doesn't want to sell it. Massive face palm. I'd have given a testicle to have had that oppurtunity when I was his age!

• Like 1

E30's are better and cheaper over there. WTF is wrong with him.

• Like 1

We got Branches all over the world , and I think your mum is a faraway auntie of my, txt me all the details Askan and I will get a price for you on Thuesday

• Like 1