Sign in to follow this  
APT

Brakes Stuck 5 stud E30

Hey guys, was hoping to pick your brains abit.

Car: E30 5 stud, e36 m3 front calipers, e36ti rear end, e30 brake master cylinder and booster.

Was driving the other day and my car began to slow down to a point i couldnt move anywhere even in first gear, noticed my front brake calipers had seized (could of also been my rears but didnt check on the side of the road) brake pedal was very stiff with no give, the only way i got the car mobile again was remove the front caliper bleed nipple to relieve some pressure off the system.

Ive removed the master cylinder everything seems to look good, brake booster in the car functions well.

Going to remove the calipers tonight and check if they are seized, but i doubt that both front calipers can seize at the same time ??

Any ideas ?

- should of added once i removed the bleed nipple the brake pedal became soft again (so dont think its a mechanical fault)

Edited by APT

Thanks for the replies, should of mentioned i rebuilt the calipers when i did the 5 lug swap.

It's possibly a pedal pushrod clearance / freeplay issue

Thanks Glenn, i just checked the booster adjustment behind the glovebox and it was at the maximum point. I think it was set to push the booster rod to push the master cylinder to far