Sign in to follow this  
Loppy

Just another intro

Hey guys/girls

Just a quick intro I've been on the American forums back when I had my e36 coupe now I've finally come back to my senses and bought another bm this time a e39 525i .will be flicking in here quite abit while I work on getting her back up to a standard I'm happy with .

Cheers

post-52180-0-78074600-1421365571.jpg

post-52180-0-72005000-1421365596.jpg

post-52180-0-97974200-1421365608.jpg

Excellent choice, i'm sure you will find plenty of things to repair/replace as I did with mine, but they drive so nice.

Looks sweet, love that E39 style

• Like 1

Excellent choice, i'm sure you will find plenty of things to repair/replace as I did with mine, but they drive so nice.

yeah the fuel pump went about 3 weeks after i got it but i haven't got a code reader yet and it had only 1/2 died so wasnt sure what had happened ,but hopefully should be able to fix most things myself from now on.next on the list is the 1/2 shaft on the back right :/ and a full fluid change.Ideally i was looking for a 530 or 330 but after viewing and driving over 10 this one was the best and i don't really notice the loss in power, and i agree with you on how well they drive considering the size and style differences to my 328 coupe this thing still handles a dream.

Love them in Silver..

Welcome to the forum.

cheers i love your model of the 7 series if i could justify having one i would get one in a hearbeat.

I've found this model scanner works well for the price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Creator-C110-Airbag-ABS-SRS-Diagnostic-Fault-Trouble-Code-Scanner-Reader-For-BMW-/221663126582?hash=item339c26e436&item=221663126582&pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&vxp=mtr

I've had one for 3 months, its been quite useful, shows some real time data too, vanos, smooth running values etc etc etc.

A mate of mine in Aucklands having issues with his fuel pump, if his car gets below between empty and 1/4 of a tank it acts like its run out of fuel despite having 12L of fuel left, did yours do something similar to this?

Edited by Charles32

I've found this model scanner works well for the price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Creator-C110-Airbag-ABS-SRS-Diagnostic-Fault-Trouble-Code-Scanner-Reader-For-BMW-/221663126582?hash=item339c26e436&item=221663126582&pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&vxp=mtr

I've had one for 3 months, its been quite useful, shows some real time data too, vanos, smooth running values etc etc etc.

A mate of mine in Aucklands having issues with his fuel pump, if his car gets below between empty and 1/4 of a tank it acts like its run out of fuel despite having 12L of fuel left, did yours do something similar to this?

mine did the exact same thing except it got to the point were it wouldn't idle as it wasn't putting out enough pressure .Turns out a really common fault on these but caught me off guard as my last one just died completely on my e36. I think the pump was $250 including gst so not a expensive fix and literally takes like 30 minutes.