Sign in to follow this  
VADER

E60 M5 on TM

Advice .. take a look at the for sale section for ryans e60 m5. Cheaper and with a lovely eisemann exhaust system and carbon bits

• Like 2

my opinion? Mods ruin the car, but NZ new is good. I wouldnt pay anywhere near that for it, they are starting to drop into the high 20s now.

• Like 1

Nice cars but just make sure you have a fat cheque book for maintainence / repair costs.

So many people spend all they have on a complex car without having the means to be able to maintain.

• Like 1

Agreed, Hotwire. Might be $30-40k now but still has the servicing costs of a super-sedan!

There's a special tax reserved for the 8 series too, I have discovered.

Back to the OP, I'm not a fan of the mods but they look properly done and it will be a beast of a car. If it's your thing, get it properly checked by forum sponsors or BM Workshop and try and get the price down - there are definitely cheaper ones out there now.

I'd be concerned about how low it is. If he's been driving it like that for sometime there will be underbody damage not to mention issues with driveshafts and CV joints. They aren't designed to work at those angles.

• Like 3

sometimes performance and "looks cool" are not mutually compatable.

Agreed it looks cool, but if I was in the market i'd prefer to locate a standard one and mod it myself.

Rather than deal with the issues of a car that's been scrapping it's ass all over the country.

Edited by M5V8
  • Like 2

C'mon Darren... get with the times... could do with a bit more tuck in the rear and some negative camber. ;-)

hahahahaha...... for sure cuz.

It looks like he still has the original suspension, reinstall it with the original wheels and sell the lowering kit and alloys to the flat peak crowd. Doof Doof..

It looks like he still has the original suspension, reinstall it with the original wheels and sell the lowering kit and alloys to the flat peak crowd. Doof Doof..

And just forget about the potential damage and excess wear caused by running it dumped on its arse? I think there are better ones out there, especially for that money.

Having bought an E60 M5 recently a PPI is a must, I use BMWork shop in botany, Ross and the team have serviced my last 3 BMWs and always been good with providing a straight up view on the good, bad and ugly.

Personally I prefer slightly less molested vehicles for peace of mind and less insurance hassles.

Get the service history and go through it with a fine tooth comb.

Check if the suspension mods are certified, won't be much fun getting pulled over and pink stickered in an M5.

Line up an aftermarket warranty if you can, although normally hard to come by without buying via a dealer. Auto sure and Jansson were the two providers I found with cover for more than 8 cylinders.

And as pointed out by other members the servicing and run costs are going to be higher than a standard 5 series but in return you get a much bigger smile on your face.

Good luck.