Sign in to follow this  
e30ftw

Lost international parcels

Not really relevant, You aren't buying anything there and that is the opposite - People would rather avoid the letter and there's no tracking on them at all.

If you want to reference NZ Law, How about the Consumer Garuntees act?

Your rights when a business sends or delivers goods to you

If the goods arrive damaged, late, or not at all, the business that you bought the goods from is responsible under the Consumer Guarantees Act.

Anyway, Probably pays for me to read ECS' terms of use;

Lost Packages:

If you do not receive your package and the tracking information shows that the package has been delivered you must notify us within twenty-one days of the marked delivery date so that we can initiate a lost package tracer with the shipping carrier you have originally selected. Replacement products will not be sent until the shipping carrier completes the tracer request and grants permission for replacement product to be shipped UPS typically requires up to eight business days from the time the claim is started. USPS can require from five to ninety business days, depending on your country's time requirement that has been set forth. FedEx can require from twenty-one to twenty-eight business days from the time the claim is started. Please note that this is the policy of the shipper and not of ECS Tuning. ECS Tuning does not guarantee that any packages will be credited by the shipping carrier until this process is complete.

ECS Tuning will not provide refunds for any lost package under any circumstances.

Shipping Charges are non-refundable.

So sounds like I wouldn't get a refund, but "notifying them within 21 days of expected delivery date" they would lodge a claim before sending replacement parts.

Not really relevant, You aren't buying anything there and that is the opposite - People would rather avoid the letter and there's no tracking on them at all.

If you want to reference NZ Law, How about the Consumer Garuntees act?

Anyway, Probably pays for me to read ECS' terms of use;

So sounds like I wouldn't get a refund, but "notifying them within 21 days of expected delivery date" they would lodge a claim before sending replacement parts.

It is absolutely relevant.

What that comparison shows, is that in that instance, if something is sent it is deemed delivered regardless of actual delivery.

Furthermore, good luck with trying to get the Consumer Guarantees Act to apply to an overseas country, you know considering jurisdictions and international law and all that.

• Like 1

Like I said earlier, I get that it doesn't apply to international. But the same principal should apply.

I also never said I am holding ECS responsible.

A little assistance ensuring your customers get what they pay for goes a long way.

/thread

Sounds like a contradiction in international law.

One side (the recipient country) says the sender is liable; the other (the sending country) says the delivery organisation has responsibility.

Reminds me of time working in networking. If it doesn't work, it is always someone else's problem until proven (at the user's expense) otherwise.

As I said earlier, it is my opinion (based on experience) that the package is in NZ but has not found it's way on to the NZ tracking system. So, whose responsibility is that?

It is good to remember that NZ Consumer Law is not relevant here, so any arguement for or against is moot anyways.

UPS and USPS are two different companies.

I always use FedEx when I get the choice. the only company where it stays with the one company right from start to finish, and none of this he said she said bullshit.

I cannot stand SOEs

Thread closed, no extra information is to be gained by this thread.

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_
  • Like 2