Sign in to follow this  
warbuc

e65 cd changer in dash

I recently purchased a 745i after owning a 740 for 12years. Took into bmw as speakers on drivers side not working. After a diagnose the tell me ask unit in dash is faulty, They wanted to replace the unit with a new one at a cost of $2500. I removed unit cleaned and replaced and it worked but only for a few minutes . I need to know who in Auckland could do a repair as it seems some component is losing power?

Better off getting another unit from Ray at Hell bm or Brent at BM World. Finding someone to repair it may be a lengthy and no so economical process.

the indash single disc cd units all fail in this model , causing speakers to drop out etc .

and most 2nd hand ones will fail in time as well

I purchased a diy kit for 49 gbpounds including postage and then followed instructions and this worked perfectly. I also purchased a new cd loader and instead of having faulty one repaired installed and another sucsess.Cost $29 us dollers

Go to aliExpress and search cd loader cdm-m3 4.8. When it arrives you just remove print board and replace with your bmw print board and everything will work fine.

• Like 1

For repair of ask unit in e65 go to diyparadise and search cd ask repair kit and if you can use a small solder iron its very easy. If you think its to difficult you can take to any repair shop as the instruction are very clear and they will probably do for around 100dollars

• Like 2

How can the unit just be faulty and need a full replacement? That just seems absurd?

Surely only a few parts fail? Or are these 2000+ BMW electrics only made up of ICs and once they get any kind of fault they're destined for the landfill?

Edited by Michael.

Following your facebook Michael, i would be very surprised if you couldnt fix one yourself