Sign in to follow this  
BMTHUG

WTB E46 wagon 325,328,330i etc

So definitely on the lookout for a nice e46 wagon,prefer m sport but not necessary! The better half wants one and we have gotten rid of the truck so time to put my feelers out there. Willing to spend up to 10 k or more on a tidy example.

Thanks guys

SJ

Edited by EUROHO

ive been looking for this criteria for the past year or maybe even longer. good luck mate. its not an easy find especially for a decent price..

• Like 1

ive been looking for this criteria for the past year or maybe even longer. good luck mate. its not an easy find especially for a decent price..

I know man. Even though there is a couple on trademe, they are still hard to find. Wifey needs e46 hahahah. I love our hilux surf. Its grunty as hell for a turbo diesel but its very much a bush wagon lol raised snorkel etc

Posted Image

Your youngest E46 Touring is now 10 years old... 15k per year isn't particularly high mileage and while there will be lower mileage examples around, you'll probably struggle to find them for sale.

As for prices - no idea what would be reasonable.

Mileage isn't an issue. I can vouch for that. :)

I know that Graham. Having seen yours in the flesh mileage isn't the issue indeed but the maintenance is what plays the major part in my decision.

I know that Graham. Having seen yours in the flesh mileage isn't the issue indeed but the maintenance is what plays the major part in my decision.

I'm starting to consider suspension as one side is sitting a little lower at the rear, but that'll be the most significant thing we've done. All other work, brakes included, is pretty straightforward. Of course, that's fine if you're going to DIY, but it'll cost if having someone do it for you.

I have a 2003 318i, M-sport wagon, N42B20 which is now surplus to requirements, if your interested.

201882 kms

Titansilber Metalic

cheers Matt

• Like 1

hmmm tempting Matt but I bloody love my 6 cylinder engines aye :)

I have a 2003 318i, M-sport wagon, N42B20 which is now surplus to requirements, if your interested.

201882 kms

Titansilber Metalic

cheers Matt

The 4 vs 6 is a debate that will go on for ever!

4 cylinders are typically lighter and have less cost associated with maintenance. 4 spark plugs in stead of 6, and so on.

6 cylinders tend to be more powerful and have more torque.

Depends what your main use of the car is going to be. Tourings don't have to be the barge-like poor-handling relation any more.

Arn't you meant to stay away from the 4-banger E46's? They are a nightmare, no?

I picked up a 2003 325i M-Sport Touring recently as a baby carrier. 150k's for a little over $10k. So far, so good.

• Like 1

Arn't you meant to stay away from the 4-banger E46's? They are a nightmare, no?

I picked up a 2003 325i M-Sport Touring recently as a baby carrier. 150k's for a little over $10k. So far, so good.

Now where might I find me one of those? haha as a mechanic who frequently works on BMW's I am not favouring the 6 cylinder engines for no reason :P I like the 4's but the wagon has to be a 6 for the lady. She requested it :)

6pot Msport e46 tourings are unobtanium at this point. I would suggest looking at a 5er or start stalking North shore neighbourhoods.

• Like 1

6pot Msport e46 tourings are unobtanium at this point. I would suggest looking at a 5er or start stalking North shore neighbourhoods.

The one I got about a month ago was on trademe for a good couple of months, and also listed on here. I paid less than those 3 E46 tourings posted above. It just had a service yesterday, and apart from an oil leak ( oil filter gasket we reckon ), she's seems to be in mint condition.

I also live on the shore...

Edited by vtgts300kw
  • Like 1

Hahaha I don't have time to stalk neighbourhoods Jeeves. People might get suspicious seeing a black man creeping around their neighbourhood hahah

The one I got about a month ago was on trademe for a good couple of months, and also listed on here. I paid less than those 3 E46 tourings posted above. It just had a service yesterday, and apart from an oil leak ( oil filter gasket we reckon ), she's seems to be in mint condition.

I also live on the shore...

Yeah I swear it's hard to find one at the moment. The mrs is so fussy though. Now she wants an m sport wagon. There is that one with NOS on trademe but I really dont think it's appropriate for her. Mrs leadfoot hahah

BUMP! state of urgency is upon us haha

BUMP! state of urgency is upon us haha

I'd offer mine for sale ( for a profit! ), but I can't think of anything i'd rather have at the price point. Which is obviously the same dilemma you're having.

I'd offer mine for sale ( for a profit! ), but I can't think of anything i'd rather have at the price point. Which is obviously the same dilemma you're having.

what do you have?

Sorted guys. Found the perfect wagon :) haha pics up soonish. Bit of a wait unfortunately. It was not local

Edited by EUROHO
  • Like 1