Sign in to follow this  
Mark312

Autoglym car care products

Purchased some Autoglym "body work shampoo" and "paintwork sealant" from Autoglym, and have washed and applied the sealant to the car and am amazed at the results. I have tried EVERY main car detailing brand (mothers, meguires, eagle, rainx, turtle wax, poorboy, armor-all) and have had nowhere near as much shine, longevity and ease of application.

So I'd thought id let you guys and gals know the next time you need to stock up on detailing gear i'd thoroughly recommend Autoglym, they are a lot more expensive than other ($75.00 for soap and sealant) however it is totally worth the investment, and even Jaguar, Morgan, and Aston Martin use autoglym!

post-52031-0-38878200-1427860303_thumb.j

post-52031-0-76152800-1427860387_thumb.j

• Like 1

I used to have a high end car detailing business in town and I used Autoglym. It's the shizzle alright!!

I'm still getting through a 4 Litre barrel of high gloss wax I bought 10 years ago ... Down to the last 2 liters now.

• Like 2

I used to have a high end car detailing business in town and I used Autoglym. It's the shizzle alright!!

I'm still getting through a 4 Litre barrel of high gloss wax I bought 10 years ago ... Down to the last 2 liters now.

Awesome! That would be such a cool job, I love detailing my cars, where abouts was your business?

I can leave 3 cars with for a while to help you out with using it up ;)

• Like 2

It was called Valet One, was in union street next to Fast Forward the Porsche guys.

Good fun - hard work.

Go and have a chat to Sam Gibbons. He has a high end detailing company based in NewMarket - 12 Clayton Street. Attention to Detail. They also sell fantastic car products accompanied by tutorials which are cheaper than autoglym and do the same (in some cases) better job. And yes I have used Autoglym.

I've always got very good results with autoglym products. Great stuff.

Yes, amazing stuff. Try it!

I've used obsession Wax, Euphoric and found that as the best for my Carbon Black M3 (and anyone who owns a black car will understand!)

I've been through the works with Chemical Guys, Poor Boys, Meqs, Auto Glym etc etc and the Handmade wax was by far the best..
They also have ones for longer lasting etc, and as Richard said before, the team from OCDetailing/Attention to Detail live up to their rep.

I got mine from www.unitedcarcare.co.nz
Top guys, top brands and honestly, their results prove their products.

I've used obsession Wax, Euphoric and found that as the best for my Carbon Black M3 (and anyone who owns a black car will understand!)

I've been through the works with Chemical Guys, Poor Boys, Meqs, Auto Glym etc etc and the Handmade wax was by far the best..

They also have ones for longer lasting etc, and as Richard said before, the team from OCDetailing/Attention to Detail live up to their rep.

I got mine from www.unitedcarcare.co.nz

Top guys, top brands and honestly, their results prove their products.

I've never used obsession wax or Euphoric, however Ill def give them a ago when I run out of wax... :)

I think those types of wax are on a whole different level of quality then "retail" detailing brands i.e turtle wax, eagle, sca ect... (imo)

Edited by benzboy

Autoglym is a low-end budget product in the UK. There are much better polish and wax products available as previously mentioned.

Most wash products in my view do a similar job. It is the effort that goes into polishing that makes the difference.

• Like 1

Autoglym is a low-end budget product in the UK. There are much better polish and wax products available as previously mentioned.

Most wash products in my view do a similar job. It is the effort that goes into polishing that makes the difference.

Aston Martin use that low-end budget product for their show cars!

I clay bar and re-Autoglym my 97 328i about every 2 years (yea, lazy) and it looks good and glossy for the whole time. Mind you it is under cover night and day....which makes a big difference, no UV, no dust, wind blown salt etc.

Aston Martin use that low-end budget product for their show cars!

I clay bar and re-Autoglym my 97 328i about every 2 years (yea, lazy) and it looks good and glossy for the whole time. Mind you it is under cover night and day....which makes a big difference, no UV, no dust, wind blown salt etc.

Its definantly not low end! The royal family use it and so do UK's leading car makers so its certainly high end..

Royal Family...LOL, they have never lifted a polishing cloth in their lives. If you Google any premium car with any product you will get the same marketing result. Try Aston Marton and Zaino, or Maserati and Dodo Juice. All marketing hype.

Royal Family...LOL, they have never lifted a polishing cloth in their lives. If you Google any premium car with any product you will get the same marketing result. Try Aston Marton and Zaino, or Maserati and Dodo Juice. All marketing hype.

No, I know the queen doesnt get outside with a microfibre and a bottle of sealant lol Im sure some it has to do with marketing however at the end of the day the product is good (regardless of who uses it or its marketing) :)

No, I know the queen doesnt get outside with a microfibre and a bottle of sealant lol Im sure some it has to do with marketing however at the end of the day the product is good (regardless of who uses it or its marketing) :)

This is a thread much the same as 100's of others on all car fora that never ends well. Everybody has a preference whether it be cost or ease of application. The brand of wax adds very little to the finish - it is there to protect. It is the prep and polish that needs to be top quality. Autoglym polish at 15 bucks a bottle suits those who must save money...like the Royal Family. I hear they even share the bath water every three days.

• Like 1

This is a thread much the same as 100's of others on all car fora that never ends well. Everybody has a preference whether it be cost or ease of application. The brand of wax adds very little to the finish - it is there to protect. It is the prep and polish that needs to be top quality. Autoglym polish at 15 bucks a bottle suits those who must save money...like the Royal Family. I hear they even share the bath water every three days.

Haha, yea I here the Royal family are in a bit of a financial crisis! I payed 40$ for my 300ml bottle of sealant. So I dont think polishes/sealants can be bought for 15$...