Sign in to follow this  
Toast

AC Schnitzer Type 2

What are peoples thoughts on price for a set of these?

17x8.5 ET13 x4

Not much curbing, pretty good condition.

Not sure if they suit the E36? (not a huge fan of "stance" but I do like wider wheels)

I've (currently) got ACS Type IIs on our E46. 17x8 et39, and they sit well out in the arches, but with no rubbing.

Add another 0.5" rim width, and poke them out the side of the car by an inch due to the lower offset, and I think you could find yourself with rims that stick out of the side of the car a bit.

Nice rims, though. If you have the opportunity, pop a couple on the car and have a look.

• Like 2

ET13 is ultra aggressive for an e36. I don't think they would fit without some pretty serious guard work.

E36s were ~ET38 from the factory, so like Graham says, you're looking at a wheel which sits ~25mm further out than a factory wheel, width not withstanding.

You'd want to check the centre bore is E36 spec too, otherwise you'd need to get the bores milled or buy hubcentric rings.

For the record though, type 2s are awesome!

I had ACS Type 1s on my old m3, which I loved.

ubchsknd.poe.jpg

Edited by duvey
  • Like 1

What are peoples thoughts on price for a set of these?

17x8.5 ET13 x4

Not much curbing, pretty good condition.

Not sure if they suit the E36? (not a huge fan of "stance" but I do like wider wheels)

Cool wheel but unless youre ready to roll your guards, run a semi narrow tyre and still occasionally rub under load, they arent for you maynn.

Currently running a 225-45 on a 17x9 ET24 out back, I know all about rubbing under load :unsure:

• Like 1

Sounds like you're more than prepared to be a badass. Run em!

Currently running a 225-45 on a 17x9 ET24 out back, I know all about rubbing under load :unsure:

The ACS wheels will stick 4mm further out than your current setup. Going down to a 215/35 will help with the rubbage.

• Like 1