Sign in to follow this  
E30SIX

Where to Service in Wellington Area

A question for the Wellington members who have their cars serviced by a bmw or local mechanic in Wellington area.

Just wondering where is a good place to take my E36 328i for a service, I would like to follow the correct service procedures which include the oil, service 1 and service 2. I have had a really good look through the past posts but most topics only cover the Auckland service garages.

I don't mind spending a wee bit of money as would like to go to a well know garage but at the same time not be over charged for labour which I imagine Shelley BMW do.

Can someone also throw a rough figure at the prices for a service 1 and service 2. From reading through the posts some people have metioned from $400.00, $500.00 and $800.00 for a service 2.

Thanks again.

for my 535,inspection 2 750,ins 1 was about 500 although that included some extra work,oil service I ussually diy....all page european.They arent cheap but i reckon they know what they are doing.

I've used Shelly's for about four years now and find them great. They know what they are doing and compaired to others that I used before going to them don't spend hours trying to figure out problems.

We have used them for an E30 325i, E34 535i, E36 328i touring and my E39 528i.

Regards

Nick

I've used Shelly's for about four years now and find them great. They know what they are doing and compaired to others that I used before going to them don't spend hours trying to figure out problems.

We have used them for an E30 325i, E34 535i, E36 328i touring and my E39 528i.

Regards

Nick

A satisfied Shelly's customer !!!!!

Didnt think they existed :P

Andy do you think its worth having a 'I got a good deal from' section as this is the third time weve had a 'where to go for a service in Wellington' thread.

Page is the place to go, there are plenty of us going there and they are the business. Not much cheaper than Shelly's but they know what they are talking about and always look for options other than BMW parts if they can....you can even wangle a free bevvie if you are there on a Friday :pimp:

You're such a slut Martyn. If you guys are interested there's a bbq in Petone on Friday not far from the new Speight's Ale house.

My old flat, home of the 04 filth festival, bbq from 6pm culminating in the ale house

In the past 16 years I've used Shelly's and Page. My current car goes to Shelly’s to keep FBMWSH and I've found the service to be excellent, Car gets a decent services , comes back spotless and I get a loaner if required (Brought current car via them).If it needs anything other than a service Hamish or Vicky are on the phone with approx cost etc and it gets sorted quickly. The older E30 323i I had went to Shelly’s for a number of years , Then I started doing the basic services myself, leaving cambelts and brake disc changes to Page. One of Pages mechs originally serviced that car in the 1980's and was still working there last year. People must have known what they were doing as the 323i was still going strong at 335,000 kms last year. Not sure if the car is still around , Rods are probably in use on someone’s 2.7. My wife’s 318I went to page as well. In the last 10 years or so I've had no issues with either place. Mike left Page a couple of years, but the guys there are more than up to it.

Use to be another BMW place in the Hutt, but to cut a long story short, the car (e30 323) dumped it's water and blew a head gasket after a exhaust stud replacement. They stopped trading a number of years back, so be careful who you trust for your services.

Brought current car via them.

I see a recurring theme. Good service if you have bought a car from them, crap if you bought it elsewhere.

Ive twice had Shelley's do work that wasnt authroised and on both ocassions they refused to hand the keys over until I had paid. No phone calls, no apologies, nothing.

Whereabouts in London are you Neal ?

Edited by martyyn

Hi Martyyn

My first couple of BMW weren't brought via Shelly's , one was Fairview BMW Hamilton 1988, the other from Amuri Motors 1990, Shelly’s have always treated me in the same manner even when I was a young fella. Mike used to work down at Shelly’s then as well. Mind you , where talking servicing on 3 series , not 7 so possibly less liking to have huge price surprise (excluding e30 airflow meters of course)

London wise, I'm living on the east side on the river about 1 km down from Tower Bridge (cool old wharf warehouse conversion); have been working down Canary Wharf which is handy.