Sign in to follow this  
M3_Power

FS - Genuine BMW Motorsport Golf ball gearknobs - Brand new

Do these fit VW Golfs?

Is it for SMG cars only?

I believe they do - they have a thread inside to screw onto a shifter.

They aren't actually designed for SMG cars, I just put one in my car for LOL ... but it is a tight enough fit that it doesn't come off the SMG shifter.

Technically designed for shifters with a thread - 12mm hole..

Thanks. They look sexy and that is a good price for a shifter.

I can tell you that the Genuine Parts RS one I priced up from my car was over $300!

I will put my name on one, Tom I will flick you a PM

Cheers guys, yes this is way cheaper than what you can order one for from the parts dealership or from overseas.

The gearknob is supposedly NLA also.

Cheers Nathan, PM replied.

How do they feel weight wise? You reckon it'll go on my e36 ok? *f**kiti'llmakeitfit Flick me a pm with bank acc details.

Edited by André3000

How many of these do you have left?

How do they feel weight wise? You reckon it'll go on my e36 ok? *f**kiti'llmakeitfit Flick me a pm with bank acc details.

Huddy they're about the same weight at the ZHP knob that came in the E46 - so a fair bit heavier than stock, it's a nice weight.

Tom I'll take one please!

Andrew, I am putting one in my E36 track car, the factory E30/36 manual gear stick is 14mm dia. so you'll need to get the shaft machined down to 12mm and a 1.5 thread cut into it, or I in my own instance am using solid alloy rod to extend the shifter (touring car style) then cut a thread into it for the knob to mount to.

Edited by Brams

Andrew, I am putting one in my E36 track car, the factory E30/36 manual gear stick is 14mm dia. so you'll need to get the shaft machined down to 12mm and a 1.5 thread cut into it, or I in my own instance am using solid alloy rod to extend the shifter (touring car style) then cut a thread into it for the knob to mount to.

Yeah figured i'd get a 2.8 z3 shifter and cut a thread onto it. Really came around to love the idea of these golf balls, first up was wtf.