Sign in to follow this  
Michael.

2K Cup - E36 320i?

The 2k cup has always intrigued me, seems like such a cool racing class to be involved with.

Who here does it regularly?

I really like the appeal of using a 320i E36 1998 in dual vanos spec, they are are cheap, plentiful and make a good sound. Not going to be as quick as a Toyota Levin or similar but an E36 with a six does make for a fun drive. Reminds me of the early 90s BTCC...

I guess the only thing to take into consideration will be the cooling system / headgasket possibly needing an overhaul before doing and heated racing work.

Thoughts?

Jamez on here runs the 2K Cup as part of their BBQ Committee, it does seem to be a lot of fun with a group of good guys racing.

In terms of the E36, well, if you're happy to run round at the back behind all the Jappas then, yeah, it should be a fun drive.

• Like 1

We are currently changing the rules to try mix up the field a bit for season 3, and due to the lack of Euro's we are bringing in a "EuroCUP" class that removes the 2000cc limit and puts a 180hp limit on any European cars instead.

Season 3 rules will be released at the end of the month, check out the facebook page for updates http://facebook.com/2kcup

• Like 1

Sounds good James. I had noticed this lack of Euro cars too.

So that would be any European car with a sub 180hp factory power figure?

Obviously that means 2.5 / 2.8 E36s would be excluded with their ~190hp figure.

Although the 323i 2.5s with the de tuned 170hp / 245nm engine would make for a good runner?

Edited by Michael.

Yeah, a e36 323i would sneak under the limit. With a factory 0-100 time of 8 seconds its just as quick as any other car.

• Like 2