Sign in to follow this  
musccoo

m20b25 clutch for turbo

So I planning to turbo the e30 sometime down the track, looking for somewhere around 300hp mark...

But before I get there I want to change the clutch.

Does anyone have any good recommendations on a streetable clutch that can take those horses..?

Standard clutch disk with standard pressure plate setup for extra clamp

So your using like sachs 618 with standard clutch? You don't even need to upgrade to 6 puck? Where did you source the pressure plate?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

So your using like sachs 618 with standard clutch? You don't even need to upgrade to 6 puck? Where did you source the pressure plate?

Got pressure plate from waikato clutch and brake, they also upgraded it for extra clamp. They also supplied the clutch disc, full face. Puck clutches are a pain in the ass.

if you want a little bit of extra bite, getting a carbon organic clutch disc will help, just dont be a muppet like some people and not bed them in, theyre arent like a standard clutch as they have lot more resin in it. 300whp you're looking around 2800-3050lbs . I would just go 3k as its pretty much what they will get out of your standard spring.

Got any brand recommendations?don't want some heavy as on off thing..

Stay away from Exedy, in my personal experience I have had nothing but problems with their products.

I used Auto clutch, they're a bunch of top guys and reasonably priced too. They built me a carbon kevlar plate and dual diaphragm housing. Haven't had any issues and I last dynoed at 340nm atw. Still has a reasonably smooth feel, but towards the on/off side of things...

• Like 1

Ok might give them a call see what they can do.

On a side note, put poly transmission mounts in last weekend, cabin sounds hella race car :D