Sign in to follow this  
raewyn22

For Sale - 325 Manual Sedan E30 - $6000 ONO

For Sale **NO swaps**
E30 325 Manual (Sedan) 1989
North Shore
$6000 ONO.
Here for sale is my beloved 325 (factory 318 auto).
14" Basketweaves (near new tyre)
H&R Sport Springs (six months old)
SACHS shocks
Houndstooth door cards
Fog lights/Smileys
Comes with sub/amp wiring.
Near new Pioneer Headdeck - Bluetooth/USB/Aux/MP3 - handsfree mic set up in car.
Recently done:
Cambelt/Water Pump/Thermostat
Front right wheel bearing
Front brake pads/discs
WOF Expires November, Rego on Dec 31st 2015
Fairly tidy, however there are paint imperfections.
As is where is

Will add extra pictures if requested, light is limited tonight/I am a hopeless photographer.

Contact me on 0275050303

post-6517-0-54119800-1442728706.jpg

post-6517-0-95451900-1442728864_thumb.jp

post-6517-0-45581200-1442728947.jpg

• Like 1

Make an offer, you may be surprised. Am happy to do a good deal for Bimmersport members.

• Like 2

A conversion like this requires a cert even if it is using all OEM parts unfortunately due to the power increase and the fact that the motor is totally different to the original motor (and a few other things..).

Getting a WOF will not be a problem as the WOF officer's task is to make sure it is roadworthy and with no modified parts like mountings, suspension etc. They do not care if the motor suddenly has 2 more cylinders..Much like they will not fail you for having illegal numberplates as they do not affect roadworthiness. If you have an accident the insurer is very unlikely to pay out, and, if stopped in a police checkpoint, you will stickered if they realise you have 6 cylinders instead of four.

When I did my m52 conversion in my 325 many years ago now, I got a WOF as everything looked/was OEM. My cert guy told me to do this before I brought it to him as then he would know if there were any issues apart from the conversion. Made his job much easier and cheaper as he did not have to go through the car with a fine toothcomb checking every component.

• Like 2

Thanks Will, am aware of the above and to be honest most of it was procrastination in getting it a cert. I knew it had to be done.

When I insured it with my insurance company I told them it had an engine conversation from a 1.8 to 2.5 and they barely blinked an eyelid and didn't ask anything further which I thought was odd but...

Again, as is where is.

Thanks team

Conversion or not this car is cleaner than most e30s out there. I dare any potential buyer to find anything wrong that would effect a cert. Its cleaner than any e30 I have seen of late for sale. I advise people to make up their own minds when making offers. A cert is chump change and this would fly through it. Also insurance companies would cover the car if told by the person insuring it about the engine swap. They usually dont bat an eyelid like RaeRae said. Good luck with the sale Raewyn :) if I had money to spend I would so buy it

im sure the insurance company will have made the assumption its certed.

With our silly rules, despite being all OEM parts and power level as a "real" 325i, it will still need drive shaft hoops, other than that should pass fine

• Like 2

im sure the insurance company will have made the assumption its certed.

With our silly rules, despite being all OEM parts and power level as a "real" 325i, it will still need drive shaft hoops, other than that should pass fine

Insurance companies are funny like that. They made more of a big deal about when I put my 15" BBS weaves on there.

bout conversions and certs.

The above is correct as Will has said. We can just leave it at that... unless you want to buy it Andy?

Cheers

Raerae

• Like 2

Family wagon coming up eh? ;)

Nooooooo way - not for family any way. Geeeesh :P

Family wagon coming up eh? ;)

Animal family. Cat lady haha

And it's for sale again on FB. Looks like new wheels and a $6k price tag.

• Like 1

And it's for sale again on FB. Looks like new wheels and a $6k price tag.

Really? Where is this listing...

Be wary - the new owner rang me last week to ask what engine was in it because he needed to replace the sump. Apparently some kids put a rock in the middle of the road - whether it was smashed or cracked I am unsure.

I couldn't really get 6k for it - I was aiming high in the hope of some one lowballing - extremely happy with the 5k I ended up selling it for.

EDIT: Found it - nothing much has changed on it except the sub/amp and better headunit has been removed.

Sigh. Wish it could have stayed in the community. Oh well - I got what I wanted - on to the next project!! :)

Edited by Raerae
  • Like 1

Be wary - the new owner rang me last week to ask what engine was in it because he needed to replace the sump. Apparently some kids put a rock in the middle of the road - whether it was smashed or cracked I am unsure.

For a laugh I put that through Bablefish & chose bulls@#t to English... it comes up as "I was driving like a muppet, ran out of talent and now I need to fix my car!"
Edited by Red Dwarf

Sigh. Wish it could have stayed in the community. Oh well - I got what I wanted - on to the next project!! :)

Know how you feel, did that with one of my cars and it got a clown paint job afterwards. Had to bite my tongue at the time and just get over it as much as it hurt at the time. At the end of the day you sell a car and its someone else's to do what they want to it .. even if they're going to drive into rocks or apply questionable taste mods to it straight afterwards.

• Like 1