Sign in to follow this  
BatMansWilly

e36 325i

Hello all,

Anyone know anything about this car? Im thinking of buying it. But don't wanna drive all the way up there if its sh*t.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=950270983

Any info is welcomed! And what i should look for when going to see it! (Im new to bmws)

Cheers

Edited by BatMansWilly

The fact that the seller is putting a $1200 premium on it for some aftermarket mags doesn't bode well. No picture of the cert plate (I'd want proof before going to look), and be aware that the cert plate is only current if the car has the same wheels on it as when it was inspected. So if it currently has 16x7s and the cert says 17x8 you shouldn't be able to get a warrant and will be stickered by the cops if they pull you over. It looks to me like the car has been converted from auto to manual so I'd also want to know what ratio diff is in it, and more importantly is it mentioned on the cert - if no, fail!

Get some useful information from the seller and it might be ok. Or just buy Brents - more torque from the 2.8 and better goodies on it too.

just my 2c

• Like 1

Good point about the cert.

I've emailed the seller to ask him to put up a pic of the cert plate (if it has one).

But yea - look at Brents car.

Pros;

Bigger engine

Lower kms

3 years newer

Owned by an enthusiast

Probably doesn't have shitty 'sunny' brand tyres like the other one.

Cons;

Interior not as nice

Both are better than a mazda :)

Kms are about the same. The trademe ad is for the wagon he had - the coupe is north of 200,000 iirc. Way better looker and performer than the M50 up north, better quality suspension, has been owned by a guy that knows his sh*t as opposed to a sideways cap wearing muppet etc etc.

If it still had the supercharger I'd be flogging my sedan off to buy his coupe. Alas, the blower has moved on to better things!

So the info on Brents trademe ad is for a different car?

I'm confused?

So the info on Brents trademe ad is for a different car?

I'm confused?

On Road Costs: help.gif Included Kilometres: 157,000km Body: Green, 5 door, Station Wagon Fuel type: Petrol Engine: 6 cylinder, 2793cc Transmission: Automatic Import history: NZ New

Looks like he's just changed some of the details from the listing he used to have of an E36 wagon :) Beats paying for another listing fee ;)

• Like 1

The E36 in the OP. Non-Msport, stupid wheels, stupid suspension, horrible stretched tyres. Its a fail in my books, even with the stupidly over inflated price.

Buy Brents.

• Like 1

The E36 in the OP. Non-Msport, stupid wheels, stupid suspension, horrible stretched tyres. Its a fail in my books, even with the stupidly over inflated price.

Buy Brents.

Yea im going to leave the shitty red one! Trying to buy Brents but my max is 5k and he is asking 6k NON :(

Yea im going to leave the shitty red one! Trying to buy B

rents but my max is 5k and he is asking 6k NON :(

http://www.trademe.co.nz/949249943

See it regularly around my place, I got my headers off of him last week and he knows his stuff. Car looks to be in really good nick seeing it in person.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/949249943

See it regularly around my place, I got my headers off of him last week and he knows his stuff. Car looks to be in really good nick seeing it in person.

Thanks for the link! I have seen it on trademe be for. How ever I think the km's are a little high for me. :(

Edited by BatMansWilly

I've got one that I'm looking to part with (within your price bracket), pm me. 1994 325i, 160ks, manual, s50 headers.

I've got one that I'm looking to part with (within your price bracket), pm me. 1994 325i, 160ks, manual, s50 headers.

I have Pm you! :)