Sign in to follow this  
charles28

E39 530i Msport to E46 330Ci

I'm having thoughts of selling my E39 and replacing it with an E36 330Ci, I know both of these cars have the same engine, but I like the idea of having the smaller car, also E46 330ci's are getting old so there's a few around for a good price.

Is the E46 much less refined than the 5 series? are the sport seats in the E46's better bolstered than the E39 Sport seats?

Will I even notice an increase in performance?

Will the E46 have better handling? (To me the E39's handling is already pretty good).

• Like 1

I went the other way, e46 to e39, and there is a noticeable difference in the way they handle, performance wise, I didn't think there was much difference but they where about 6 months apart. All depends on what you want the e46 for.

The e46 sport seats definitely hold you in better.

• Like 2

depends what sort of driving you do. the e46 definitely sits and holds the road better around town and the seats are alot more sport like, but get onto the open road and the e39 comes into its on world and hugs the road and rides beautifully. so just depending on what driving experience you want from it