Sign in to follow this  
RipJaws

5 Speed M60 Gear Box for $1600.00?

Get one, do it for $1600.00. Thought it was pretty difficult to get one for that cheap

Don't think you will find one in NZ for that price.

I got a 6 speed for around $1200 not long ago

Edited by polley

Don't think you will find one in NZ for that price.

I got a 6 speed for around $1200 not long ago

Wowzers, you can find the good deals!! My mate managed it so never say never. You just have to be in the right place at the right time. These forums are probably the last place to ask for a good deal though.

• Like 1

This is probably the last place to try and buy something for far less than it's market value. It's a bugger trying to bullshit a group of informed people. Some of us know this and don't bother trying. On the other hand there are some that try or should that be there are some that are trying.

• Like 1

This is probably the last place to try and buy something for far less than it's market value. It's a bugger trying to bullshit a group of informed people. Some of us know this and don't bother trying. On the other hand there are some that try or should that be there are some that are trying.

Good point, although sometimes I get the idea this place has a funny idea of what market value is. Wouldn't it be good if we could just all scratch each other's backs

Good point, although sometimes I get the idea this place has a funny idea of what market value is. Wouldn't it be good if we could just all scratch each other's backs

please explain?Lets talk about BBS wheels/I once paid $1100 for a set of 4 BBS wheels.So you are saying that i should let you have them for somewhat less that i paid for them because we both like BMW cars? Or can i swap you some wheels for a gearbox?

Scratching your mates back is equal to paying for something what it is worth. Its a two way street.

There's a hell of a lot more who think market value is how much they have in their empty wallet. Terms like has anyone got a part "lying around" are a real source of amusement.

Terms like has anyone got a part "lying around" are a real source of amusement.

Doesn't that just mean, 'will pay market value for parts which are covered in rust/dirt/spiders and just generally in poor condition'?

You shouldn't let me have them for less than what you paid for them, no. But if you didn't pay so much for it in the first place you wouldn't need to charge so much, besides every one on her is trying to make a dollar or 200 on something they sell. Other car forums aren't like that. You give something you get something back etc

And because we both like bmws should count for something. The bottom line is there are a lot of people making their own ideas of market value and its just holding people back.

Edited by RipJaws

I don't understand your logic. It's merely supply and demand.

There are not many M60 manual gearboxes in existence.

Many people want an M60 manual gearbox.

Hence, the price goes up because demand has outstripped supply.

No point whinging when you want a rare part but only want to pay what you personally think its worth.

P.S: An individual cannot dictate a market value... that's why it's called "market value"... one person is not a market because they can't sell an item to themselves. It only becomes a market once someone else is prepared to pay a certain price for an item.

Edited by _Mark_

Yeah I fully agree Mark, I'm speaking generally though not just from the point of the m60 gear box. I won't whinge on about it, I'm just trying to get a point through. If I'm not happy about a price then I just won't buy it. Because I know the gear boxes can be found for < $2000 then I'll just wait for one under that.

tell em e's dreamin.....