Sign in to follow this  
330itis

Squeeky clutch

I know this has been posted before but i just cant find where

I took the gearbox out of my 1.8l beast today (HUGE BI*H JOB!) took the hole day the bastard

and im doing the clutch and gearbox at the mo

I was wundering wat the hell the squeky noise is when the cluch is presed in?

cant seem to find the fault yet i was just hoping someone could point me in the right direction

CHEERS!

anything with friction. needs lubricating. check moving parts

english is used correctly on this site. At all times. Thank you.

It sounds to me as if your thrust/release bearing is stuffed. the only way to get rid of this is buying a new one. You can get this from your local BNT dealer. Under 'BNT'in the whitepages or you could go to a BMW dealer ask for the part you want. Abit more spendy from there but its an oem part not a made under licence part.

It sounds to me as if your thrust/release bearing is stuffed

Agree with this, but possibly also the pilot bearing is shot. Replace this bearing as a matter of course anyway, it costs less than $10 from a bearing shop.

try telling this to that s1k bemma plonker...

Thanks for the advice!

sorry about the english.

I was a bit fed up with this yesterday. BMW put special bolts in special places where you cant get to them forcing me to buy $20 sockets

BMW told me to break the engine loose and move it forward 3 inches! Meanwhile sugesting to me that i should bring it in for them to fix it

yeah right...

I got it out by myself eventualy.

So today folowing the advice I bought: Release bearing, pilot bearing, and while I was at it the clutch fork pivot and retainer, Friction plate And had the flywheel resurfaced.

Now When I went to put the flywheel back on I rang Jerry Clayton BMW to ask them if they could please give me the torque specs for the flywheel bolts, they told me they cant give out that info over the phone.... WAT DA...??

I found on the Iternet I need to replace the Bolts. Rang Team McMillan to order 8 bolts at $6ea where they told me without a fuss that they need to be tightend to 120Nm... how easy is that???

I was only wundering maybe the squeak is coming from the hydraulics??????

THANKS GUYS!

try telling this to that s1k bemma plonker...

Hehehe tell me bout it

;-)

I was only wundering maybe the squeak is coming from the hydraulics??????

The hydraulics are normally silent but if the flexible hose is collapsing inside, you could get a squeak as fluid is forced past the restriction. However, this would also generally result in a sluggish release of the clutch. The noise would only be present while you were depressing the clutch and would stop when the clutch was fully depressed.

Guest Andrew

Now When I went to put the flywheel back on I rang Jerry Clayton BMW to ask them if they could please give me the torque specs for the flywheel bolts, they told me they cant give out that info over the phone.... WAT DA...??

torque specs?

all bolts FT

torque specs?

all bolts FT

Flywheel 120Nm

Pressure plate 25Nm

torque specifications (how tight to tighten the bolts)

Guest Andrew

torque specifications (how tight to tighten the bolts)

i know

all torque specs = FT

:)

Clutch is awesome now!

put the gearbox in on saturday...

unfortunately its coming right back out coz the sekondhand gearbox has no 2nd. i geues you get what you pay for... $200

so now im geting new first and seckond gears and syncrones.... i can see my walet runing away as i type.

anyone know of a place to get cheap genuine parts other than the stealer?

ill get in contact with that guy

THANKS!

bt yeh i was told this one was good too.

Im gona have a spare one now so im just gona sell it on

but then again, how long before the "good" seckondhand one starts playing up??... and then , start over again