Sign in to follow this  
Ahmedsinc

Viscous coupling

Anyone know where in Auckland I can get a new fan clutch to suit an M10B18 in an E30? Replaced waterpump today as it was utterly flogged, still getting a bit too warm at idle so will need to replace the clutch too.

Or at a pinch is there a way to lock the clutch until a replacement arrives? Am heading away on Friday for a few days so has to be sorted tomorrow. Thanks :)

Anyone know where in Auckland I can get a new fan clutch to suit an M10B18 in an E30? Replaced waterpump today as it was utterly flogged, still getting a bit too warm at idle so will need to replace the clutch too.

Or at a pinch is there a way to lock the clutch until a replacement arrives? Am heading away on Friday for a few days so has to be sorted tomorrow. Thanks :)

have some

For a quick fix you can drill a hole through it and stick something like a m6 bolt through it. That will lock it up, have done it on a few paddock bashers

• Like 1

Watch the fan doesn't disintegrate at high revs though:

110320101144.jpg

IMG_3730.jpg

• Like 1

For a quick fix you can drill a hole through it and stick something like a m6 bolt through it. That will lock it up, have done it on a few paddock bashers

The thought has crossed my mind more than once, just wasn't sure where the inner hub finishes and the outer hub begins. This thing is so caked in its own gunge I can't even see the fins on the front any more :s

Watch the fan doesn't disintegrate at high revs though:

110320101144.jpg

IMG_3730.jpg

There's this too! 98% sure its the original fan, so not sure how long a 30 year old piece of plastic would cope with matching engine RPM before committing hair kari :D

Might borrow the one off the E36 while its not being used as a temporary fix til I can get to Brent. Theres a mile of clearance between the fan & radiator so shouldn't matter too much of the E36 one is taller. I hope